This air fryer sausage is the easiest and quickest way to cook links or any sausages! None of the grease, mess, or clean up needed.
If you’ve made turkey bacon or brats in the air fryer already, you will love using it for cooking up sausage links.
Why this recipe works
- Quick and easy. No preparation is required; your sausages will be ready to serve in 8 minutes.
- Mess-free. Frying or grilling sausages always leave excess grease and tons of splatter. Air frying them skips all of that!
- Cooks to perfection. The hot air circulation in the air fryer basket cooks the sausages perfectly every single time.
- Healthier. You skip any excess oil that frying or grilling requires.
- Fresh or frozen. Either fresh or frozen sausages work.
What I love about this Italian sausage recipe is that it NEVER sacrifices on flavor. It keeps all the juiciness inside while being perfectly crisp and delicious on the outside!
This recipe calls for just two ingredients and really, there isn’t much else to it. Here is what you’ll need:
- Italian sausages. These are the sausages we used, but any sausage you like works.
- Spray oil. To grease the basket to prevent the links from sticking to it.
Like all my air fryer recipes, this magical gadget takes care of all the hard work!
Step 1- Preheat the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 200C or 400F.
Step 2- Prepare the sausages
Slightly poke the sausages in 2 places through their casing.
Step 3- Cook the sausages
Add the sausages to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown on the outside.
Which sausages are best for air frying?
Choosing the best sausages is entirely up to you; you can pick from pork, lamb, chicken and turkey sausages. I prefer using Italian sausage or sausage links, as these cook evenly and have the best flavor and texture.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Put them in airtight containers to store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- To freeze: Use freezer safe bags or containers to freeze sausages for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave for a few seconds or in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it’s unnecessary to boil links before air frying them, as they will cook evenly in the air fryer.
Yes, you can use vegetarian sausages and cook them using the instructions for non-vegetarian sausages.
Sausage links take around 8-10 minutes to cook evenly in the air fryer. Check their internal temperature and once it has reached 165F, they are ready to eat.
Air Fryer Sausage (Links)
- 6 thin Italian sausages Italian or standard
- 1 serving cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- Lightly pierce the sausages in 2 places, through their casing.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket, then add a single layer of sausages in it.
- Air fry the sausage links for 8 minutes, or until fully cooked.