These air fryer hamburgers are tender, juicy, and flavorful and take half the time of grilling! Easy to customize to a hit amongst kids and adults!
It’s no secret that we use our air fryer almost every night. It makes dinner prep ridiculously easy and we can make tons of our favorites in no time at all. This includes lamb chops, chicken breast, and even pizza.
For something fun, we’ve recently been making air fryer hamburgers.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy and fast. Simple ingredients and minimal hands on time, these could not be any more simple to make.
- Healthier. With less oil used, this recipe is far healthier than grilled or pan-fried hamburgers.
- Easy to customize. Use different cuts of meat, add different spices- the possibilities are endless.
What we love about this recipe is just how incredible the texture is. You’ll literally feel the flavors bursting into your mouth with each bite!
Like traditional hamburgers or cheeseburgers, these use very simple ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Here is what you’ll need:
- Ground beef. Lean or standard beef works. Avoid using extra lean, as you risk them drying out.
- Garlic cloves. Mince before adding to the recipe.
- Soy sauce. Balances the acidic elements in the patties mixture.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- American cheese.
- Hamburger buns.
- Mayonnaise and mustard. Must haves on any good burger.
- Burger vegetables. lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and pickles.
How to air fry hamburgers?
If you thought pan-frying hamburgers were easy, you are in for a treat. The air fryer takes care of all the hard work, so you have no excuses not to make it.
Step 1- make beef patties
Start by taking a large bowl and adding the beef, soy sauce and garlic to it. Make 4 equal sized patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2- Cook the patties
Next, preheat the air fryer for several minutes. Once hot, add the patties to the air fryer basket.
Air fry the hamburger patties for 4 minutes per side, for 8 minutes.
Now, remove from the air fryer and add a piece of cheese on the top. Assemble the burgers and enjoy immediately. v
What temperature do you cook hamburgers in the air fryer?
The ideal temperature for cooking hamburgers in the air fryer is 375 degrees F or 190 degrees Celsius. Always use a meat thermometer to check.
Should you flip burgers in the air fryer?
You should flip burgers in the air fryer to cook them evenly. Check the temperature and time carefully to flip them halfway through.
What temperature should I cook the meat to?
The internal temperature for cooking the meat depends upon the level of doneness you want. Decide the level, and use the following guide to know the temperature according to the doneness:
- Rare: 115 to 120°F
- Medium-Rare: 120 to 125°F
- Medium: 130 to 135°F
- Medium-Well: 140 to 145°F
- Well-Done: 150 to 155°F
To store: Place leftover patties in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To freeze: Put the cooked and cooled burger patties in a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Reheat in the skillet, air fryer or oven.
More air fryer dinner recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cook raw hamburger meat in the air fryer, provided it is sturdy enough to hold its shape throughout.
When served without the bun, this burger recipe is naturally low in carbs. Pair it with keto buns for keto burgers.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into four hamburger patties.
- Grease an air fryer basket and place the four patties in there. Air fry at 200C/400F for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Let the hamburger patties rest for 5 minutes, before assembling into burgers.