These air fryer hamburgers are tender, juicy, and flavorful and take half the time of grilling! Easy to customize to a hit amongst kids and adults!
It’s no secret that we use our air fryer almost every night. It makes dinner prep ridiculously easy and we can make tons of our favorite protein in no time at all. This includes lamb chops, chicken breast, and even pizza.
For something fun, we’ve recently been making air fryer hamburgers.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy and fast. Simple ingredients and minimal hands on time, these could not be any more simple to make.
- Healthier. With less oil used, this recipe is far healthier than grilled or pan-fried hamburgers. Pair it with some air fryer French fries (or sweet potato fries!) for the ultimate combo.
- Easy to customize. Use different cuts of meat, and add different spices- there are endless possibilities.
What we love about this recipe is just how incredible the texture is. You’ll literally feel the flavors bursting into your mouth with each bite!
Like traditional hamburgers or cheeseburgers, these use very simple ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Here is what you’ll need:
- Ground beef. I used lean ground beef but any ground beef works.
- Spices. Onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Onion. Finely chopped or grated.
- Worcestershire sauce. Balances the acidic elements in the patties mixture.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- American cheese.
- Hamburger buns.
Not a fan of buns or watching your carbs? Swap out the bread for a lettuce wrap instead.
- Mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard. Must haves on any good burger.
- Burger vegetables. Lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and pickles.
How to air fry hamburgers?
If you thought pan-frying hamburgers were easy, you are in for a treat. The air fryer takes care of all the hard work, so you have no excuses not to make it.
Step 1- make beef patties
Start by taking a large bowl and adding the beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and spices. Make 4 equal sized patties.
Step 2- Cook the patties
Next, preheat the air fryer for several minutes. Once hot, add the patties to the air fryer basket.
Air fry the hamburger patties for 4 minutes per side, for 8 minutes.
Now, remove from the air fryer and add a piece of cheese on the top. Assemble the burgers and enjoy immediately. v
Hamburger cooking temperatures
The internal temperature for cooking the meat depends upon the level of doneness you want. Decide the level, and use the following guide to know the temperature according to the doneness:
- Rare: 115 to 120°F
- Medium-Rare: 120 to 125°F
- Medium: 130 to 135°F
- Medium-Well: 140 to 145°F
- Well-Done: 150 to 155°F
To store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To freeze: Wrap the cooked and cooled burger patties in aluminum foil, then place in a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Microwave the burger patties for 30-40 seconds or reheat in a skillet for a minute or two.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Air fryer. My tried and tested gadget that air fries everything perfectly.
- Meat thermometer. To check the internal temperature of the hamburgers.
- Tongs. To flip the burgers.
More air fryer dinner recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cook raw hamburger meat in the air fryer, provided it is sturdy enough to hold its shape throughout.
When served without the bun, this burger recipe is naturally low in carbs. Pair it with keto buns for keto burgers.
You should flip burgers in the air fryer to cook them evenly. Check the temperature and time carefully to flip them halfway through.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into four hamburger patties.
- Grease an air fryer basket and place the four patties in there. Air fry at 200C/400F for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Let the hamburger patties rest for 5 minutes, before assembling into burgers.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.