This air fryer meatloaf is perfectly juicy and moist, and cooks in a fraction of the time! The sweet and tangy glaze takes it to another level.
Say goodbye to unhealthy cooking and hello to the air fryer. Fry with air, not oil.
Make healthier versions of classic recipes, without all the oil and in a fraction of the time! Some of our favorites include tilapia, pork chops, and chicken drumsticks, and now, we add meatloaf into the mix.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made with pantry-friendly ingredients. This recipe uses basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
- Quick and easy. There’s no foil to grease, no messy cleanup, and no need for multiple pots.
- Cost-effective. Using affordable cuts of meat and basics like eggs and milk, this feels fancy without the price tag.
What we love about this recipe is just how fast it is! A traditional oven-baked meatloaf can easily take up to an hour to cook completely, but air frying it takes a fraction of the time! Pair it with some air fried carrots, a sweet potato or baked potato for a well balanced meal!
You’ll just need the following easy-to-get ingredients to enjoy delicious air-fried meatloaf:
- Ground beef. Use regular ground beef for the recipe to make your meatloaf moist and tender.
- Yellow onion. Finely chopped.
- Eggs. Act as binding ingredients and keeps its shape.
- Milk. For soaking the breadcrumbs and making the meatloaf soft.
- Panko bread crumbs. You can also use plain or Italian breadcrumbs.
- Parmesan cheese. Adds a subtle cheesy flavour to the recipe.
- Garlic. Either fresh or pre-minced garlic.
- Fresh parsley. Chopped.
- Worcestershire. Adds a sweet, tangy and salty flavor to the meatloaf.
- Italian seasoning.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- Ketchup. You can also use tomato sauce.
- Brown sugar. Powdered or granulated sugar also work; just make sure to mix it well.
- Apple cider vinegar. An acidic element that balances the sweet and tangy flavors.
How to make air fryer meatloaf?
Follow the simple and easy instructions below to make the best air fryer meatloaf:
Step 1- Make the meatloaf mix
Start by adding the ingredients for the meatloaf in a bowl and mix well. Using your hands, prepare meatloaf from the mixture.
Step 2- Cook in the air fryer
Next, add the meatloaf to a preheated air fryer diagonally so it fits easilt.
Step 3- Add the glaze
Now, prepare the ketchup glaze, and spread it over the cooking meatloaf in the air fryer.
Let it cook for 5 minutes before moving it to the serving plate.
Can I bake this in the oven?
Yes, you can bake meatloaf in the oven. To bake it in the oven, add it to a preheated oven (180C/350F) and bake it for 40-45 minutes.
Tips to make the best recipe
- To avoid any potential over-spill, line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil.
- Don’t over-mix the ingredients after adding meat; otherwise, your meatloaf will become tough.
- Adjust the cooking time according to the size of your meatloaf and your air fryer’s cooking efficacy.
The beauty of this meatloaf is how easy it is to customize with a plethora of ingredients. Here are some tested ideas:
- Use different meat. Ground turkey, all pork, or a mixture of beef and pork are all good options for this recipe.
- Add BBQ sauce instead of ketchup glaze/ If you’re a barbeque lover, replace ketchup glaze with barbeque sauce.
- Wrap bacon around it. Perfect for meat lovers, wrap thin slices of bacon around the meatloaf.
Wondering how to store leftovers without affecting their flavor? Here are the best practices for storing air fryer meatloaf:
- To store: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled meatloaf in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Easily reheat portions of the meatloaf in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
More air fryer dinners to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Using ground beef with a higher fat percentage will prevent the drying of the meatloaf. Alternatively, you can add more glaze too.
The temperature of the air fryer for cooking meatloaf should be 200C/400F for the best texture. The higher heat cooks the meat quickly on the outside, while keeping the middle juicy.
Air Fryer Meatloaf | Cooks In 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C/400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef and onion and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Using your hands, shape the meat mixture into a thick loaf. Transfer it into the air fryer basket diagonally.
- Air fry the meatloaf for 18-22 minutes, or until the internal temperature 160F.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients and brush on top of the meatloaf. Place it back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes, or until warm.
- Remove the meatloaf from the air fryer and let it sit for 5 minutes, before slicing and serving.