This air fryer turkey bacon is crispy, crunchy, and cooks perfectly every time. A healthier alternative to traditional bacon!
We love using our air fryer for anything and everything.
From a simple chicken breast to a side of Brussels sprouts, and even desserts, like brownies.
But are air fryers for cooking turkey bacon? A big YES!
Forget about the deep-fried or pan-fried turkey bacon and make a healthy alternative in your air fryer!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ready in just 5 minutes. You just have to toss turkey bacon in the air fryer and wait for 10 minutes to enjoy this super easy recipe.
- Easy cleanup. Unlike cooking bacon on the stovetop, there is no oil or grease splattering, no dirty pots or anything required.
- Healthy. Air frying cuts down on all the calories that frying would entail, but without sacrificing on the flavor. Serve it with some Turkish eggs or homemade hash browns for a well balanced breakfast.
What I love about this recipe is how perfect the texture is. As we all know, crispy bacon is imperative, and this one ticks all the boxes!
This recipe could need be any easier and it calls for just one ingredient: turkey bacon! You can find this kind of bacon at any grocery store. Here is what you’ll need:
- Turkey bacon. As this recipe calls for just one ingredient, turkey bacon, choosing the right kind is key. Pick thickly cut bacon that has minimal added fat. Also, check out the ingredient list and make sure there are no fillers or thickeners in them.
How to cook turkey bacon in the air fryer
This recipe calls for a simple 2-step process, and the hands on time is minimal, as the air fryer takes care of all the hard work!
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer to 180C or 350F. This will allow the bacon to cook as soon as we place them in the air fryer basket. Next, add turkey bacon in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Cook the turkey bacon in the air fryer
Cook the turkey bacon for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you have leftover bacon, repeat the process until it has all been cooked up.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If you use pre-cooked turkey bacon, reduce the cooking time to 4 minutes.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket or else the bacon won’t cook evenly. If the bacon won’t fit in there, cook it in batches.
- If you use extra lean or fat-free bacon, lightly grease the base of the air fryer basket.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Keep the leftovers in airtight containers to store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To freeze: You can freeze turkey bacon in freezer safe bags for months, but it will lose its crispness once thawed. To combat this, freeze bacon for up to a month and no longer than that.
- Reheating: Reheat in the air fryer or a non-stick pan. Avoid microwaving it as it will lose its crispiness.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
4.5 minutes is the ideal cooking time for crispy turkey bacon. Cook each side for 2 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you like extra crispy bacon, monitor it after 5 minutes and remove it once it has reached your desired crispiness.
When the color of turkey bacon becomes golden brown and it folds slightly, it’s fully done.
Always cook bacon in the air fryer in batches, and never allow the slices to overlap.
Yes, flip the bacon in the air fryer to ensure the same crispness on both sides. Be sure to only flip once, if you want perfect crispy turkey bacon.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon In 5 Minutes | Crispy, Easy, Healthy
- 12 ounces turkey bacon thick cut
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F.
- Add a single layer of turkey bacon to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat the process until all the bacon is cooked up.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
i always use air fryer for my bacon the best way to cook it
i just had a air fryer and now I feel I should try to fry my bacon here as it looks healthy and easy simple