This air fryer garlic bread is fast, delicious, and needs just a handful of ingredients. Buttery, cheesy, and ready in minutes.
There’s something special about freshly made garlic bread that is piping hot and oozing with garlic butter and a hint of cheese. I reckon it’s the only reason why my family allows me to make pasta several times a week because they know I’ll whip up a batch of garlic bread in the air fryer!
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- Quick and easy. This method takes a fraction of the time than baking a loaf in the oven!
- Best texture. Because the air fryer circulates the heat, the bread is always crispy but the middle is soft and fluffy.
- Works with fresh or frozen garlic bread. While we love making this from scratch, you can also use a pre-frozen garlic bread stick!
- Versatile. Don’t think this bread is reserved for pasta or pizza nights! It makes an easy side dish for your chicken dinner, some soup, or even a quick snack when the cravings strike!
This cheesy garlic bread needs just four ingredients to whip up. Here is everything you will need:
- White baguette. A French baguette is thinner than other cuts of bread which means a quicker cooking time. You can also use French bread, ciabatta, or Italian bread.
- Salted butter. This recipe needs just a handful of ingredients so make sure to use a good-quality butter from a block, not a spread. Also, make sure your butter is ar room temperature for easy mixing.
- Garlic cloves. Always freshly mince your garlic, as it has the best flavor. Minced garlic in a jar can work as a last resort.
- Fresh parsley. Finely chopped.
- Parmesan cheese. Optional, but grating a little parmesan cheese on top of the bread before air frying it takes it to the next level!
How to air fry garlic bread
Prepare the bread: Slice the baguette into 2-inch thick slices.
Make the garlic butter: Add garlic, dried parsley, softened butter, and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
Spread: Add a generous amount of garlic butter mixture to the slices of the baguette.
Cook garlic bread in the air fryer: Place the slices of bread in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 5-6 minutes or until nicely golden.
Repeat the process until all the garlic bread is cooked up.
Can I bake this?
No air fryer? No problem! You can bake the garlic bread in the oven instead!
Simply follow the prep instructions then when ready to bake, add them to a preheated oven and bake at 180C/350F for 8 minutes.
Recipe tips and variations
- For even cooking and avoid soggy bread, don’t stack the slices of bread over each other when you put them in the air fryer. Cook them in batches if needed.
- I sometimes like to use garlic butter to make garlic toast. All you do is switch out the bread for sliced white or wheat bread and air fry it as instructed.
- Because we don’t want the garlic bread to be too crispy, add some aluminum foil or parchment paper to the base of the air fryer. Don’t fret, though- it won’t burn through and will make clean-up even easier.
- Change the cheese to other varieties, including mozzarella, cheddar, or even goat cheese.
To store. You can store leftover garlic bread in the refrigerator in airtight containers for up to 4-5 days.
To freeze. Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
Reheating. Reheat the garlic bread in a preheated oven or air fryer.
More air fryer side dishes
- Air fryer French fries
- Air fryer cauliflower
- Air fryer broccoli
- Air fryer brussels sprouts
- Air fryer eggplant
Frequently asked questions
In a preheated air fryer, frozen garlic bread takes 7-8 minutes to cook.
Yes! This is great if you’d like to make garlic toast.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 French baguette
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F.
- Slice the baguette into 2-inch thick slices.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread a very generous amount of garlic butter on slices of the baguette.
- Generously grease an air fryer basket and air fry the garlic bread for 4-5 minutes, or until golden.
- Repeat the process until all the bread is cooked.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.