These air fryer biscuits are buttery, and flaky, and need just 3 ingredients to make! These cook up in less than 10 minutes.
You really can cook anything and everything in an air fryer. We’ve tried everything, including donuts, bagels, and now, these delicious biscuits.
Why this recipe works
- Just 3 simple ingredients. All you need is flour, buttermilk, and butter!
- Quick and easy. All you have to do is mix the ingredients and air fry! Easy, quick, and simple.
- Easy to customize. You can change up the ingredients, add mix-ins, and even make it diet-friendly.
What I love about this air fryer biscuits recipe is it cooks biscuits in a fraction of the time! Sure, we love our oven-baked ones but this method is a game changer.
This recipe calls for classic biscuit ingredients that you’d be familiar with. Here is what you’ll need:
- Self-rising flour. Skip the store-bought kind and make your own.
- Buttermilk. A staple ingredient in biscuits that give them the perfect texture. If you don’t have any on hand, you can easily make your own by mixing milk with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Frozen butter. It’s better to keep it in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes before use.
How to make air fryer biscuits
This recipe is very simple to make and once you perfect the biscuit dough, the air fryer takes care of all the hard work. Ready to make some biscuits?
Step 1: Make the batter
Start by adding the sifted flour to the mixing bowl. Mix the butter with the flour with your hands, but make sure that the butter is chilled.
In the center of the mixing bowl, add buttermilk with the help of a wooden spoon. Now, mix everything well to make the batter.
Step 2: Make the biscuits
Add some flour to the kitchen surface. Transfer the dough to the board and gently knead and fold it into thirds. Roll it using a rolling pin.
With a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut the dough to make biscuits.
Step 3: Cook biscuits in the air fryer
Now, add at least 4 biscuits in the air fryer basket in a single layer while letting the edges touch slightly.
Let them cook in the air fryer for 9-10 minutes.
Can I use canned and refrigerated biscuits?
Yes, you can use canned and refrigerated biscuits in the air fryer. The cooking time and temperature will not differ.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Flip the biscuits halfway through cooking to cook them evenly and avoid burning.
- Always ensure the un-cooked biscuits are slightly touching one another in the air fryer, as they will rise better and yield more flaky biscuits.
- Don’t use the food processor or cookie dough mixer for this recipe, as they can overmix the batter, and the biscuits will not be soft.
To store: Pack them in airtight containers to store at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled biscuits in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
At a temperature of 180C/350F, frozen biscuits will cook for around 16-18 minutes.
Easily make these biscuits gluten-free by using gluten-free self-rising flour.
Make this vegan by replacing the butter with margarine and making a mock buttermilk using almond milk and lemon juice.
Share this recipe on Pinterest
Love this Air Fryer Biscuits recipe?
Share it with the world on Pinterest.
Air Fryer Biscuits With 3 Ingredients | 10 Minute Recipe
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter frozen
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter into the bowl.
- Using your hands, gently mix the butter with the flour. Make a well in the center of the mixing bowl and add the buttermilk. Mix everything together.
- Lightly flour a kitchen surface. Transfer the dough onto it. Gently knead it several times, then roll it flat. Knead and roll out several more times.
- Using a biscuit cutter or large cookie cutter, push down in the dough and shape the biscuits.
- Generously grease an air fryer basket. Add 4 biscuits to it, ensuring the sides are lightly touching.
- Air fry the biscuits for 9-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove the biscuits from the air fryer and repeat the process with the remaining biscuit dough.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Yummmm! These were super easy and delicious. They cooked faster than in the recipe, so be sure to check them early!
You’re about to have a melt-in-your-mouth pastry experience and you’ll love it😛