Satisfy your cravings with these delicious air fryer bagel bites! Made with just 3 ingredients, they cook in 5 minutes and are so much fun to customize.
Childhood snacks hold a special place in my heart, and while I had a few favorites, nothing comes close to bagel bites. I mean, who could resist the pizza/bagel hybrid?
As an adult, I love to re-create these but with a more wholesome and faster spin. Not only do we use wholesome ingredients, but we whip them up in the air fryer for an even speedy finger food! They’ve become a firm favorite, along with air fryer pizza rolls and grilled cheese.
Table of Contents
- Quick to make. One batch of these bite-sized bagels will take only 4-5 minutes.
- Great for making ahead. You can prep a large batch of these mini treats and keep them in the refrigerator. When the guests arrive, pop them into the air-fryer and serve hot!
- 3-ingredient wonder. Stringy cheese, crispy bagel base, and a flavorful sauce- et voila! That’s all you need. You can even take them up a notch by using air fryer bagels for the base.
As mentioned earlier, you only need four ingredients to make bagel bites in the air fryer. Here is everything it calls for:
- Mini bagels. Look for premade plain mini bagels in your local supermarkets, or you can use my simple 2 ingredient bagel dough and just make them smaller.
- Pizza sauce. Get your favorite brand of pizza sauce or any flavorful tomato sauce (try sugo or pomodoro sauce).
- Mozzarella cheese. I love using fresh mozzarella cheese as it melts so much better than the pre-shredded kind.
- More toppings. I like to add a meaty element like sausage, pepperoni, or bacon bits, but that is completely optional.
How to make air fryer bagel bites
I’ve included step-by-step photos below to make this recipe easy to follow at home. For the full printable recipe instructions and ingredient quantities, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1- Assemble the bagel bites: Slice the bagels into halves and spread the pizza sauce on each side. Sprinkle mozzarella and any other toppings.
Step 2- Air fry the mini bagels: Place the bagel bites in the air fryer basket and fry at 180°C/350°F for 4-5 minutes.
Step 3- Serve: Remove them once the cheese melts, and serve warm!
How to bake them
Easily bake these bagel bites instead of air frying them.
To bake, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the prepared bagels on it. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180C/350F until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Recipe tips and variations
- Do not overcrowd– Ensure the bagels are arranged in a single layer for uniform cooking and a crispy base so they cook evenly and completely. If your air fryer isn’t large enough, cook them up in batches.
- Avoid overcooking– No one likes burnt or overly crispy bagels. Check on these bites around the 3-minute mark and cook in 30-second spurts until the cheese is perfectly melted.
- Preheat your air fryer- Preheat it for 4-5 minutes at 400°F so the bagel bites are ready to cook up as soon as they are assembled.
- Use a different base sauce. Not a fan of traditional pizza sauce? No problem! Use a pesto, BBQ, basil, or ranch dressing instead.
- Cheesy bagel bites. Make a mini version of 4-cheese pizza using a blend of mozzarella, gorgonzola, parmesan, goat, or cheddar cheese.
- Sweet bagel bites. Enjoy dessert-style bagel bites with cream cheese, almond butter, strawberry jam, banana, and Nutella toppings.
To store. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze. Air fryer bagel bites freeze well. Keep them in the freezer for up to three months.
To reheat. To enjoy them again, reheat in a preheated air fryer for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
Frequently asked questions
Depending on the size of your air-fryer, you should be able to make 4-6 bagel bites in one go.
Substitute dairy cheese with dairy-free shredded cheese and pepperoni with your favorite vegetarian topping.
Yes! Use you can standard bagels for a more substantial meal or larger serving. Increase the air frying time by two minutes.
More fun recipes to try in the air fryer
- Air fryer quesadilla– Cheesy, hearty, and ready in minutes.
- Air fryer donuts– No yeast and easy to customize.
- Air fryer cinnamon rolls– Fluffy, doughy, and so simple.
- Air fryer cookies– Thick and chewy cookies that are soft in the middle.
- Air fryer biscuits– 3 ingredients and super flaky.
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- 4 mini bagels halved
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- Spread pizza sauce on each bagel half, sprinkle with the cheese, and top with mini pepperoni.
- Place the bagel halves in the air fryer basket and air fry at 180C/350F for 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted nicely.
- Repeat the process if needed.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.