These are the best pizza rolls made in the air fryer and they need just 4 ingredients! No yeast and no frozen pizza needed, they are made from scratch and take less than TEN minutes to make.
As someone who loves things that are quick and easy, I use my air fryer very often.
It can cut the cooking time by half and the things you can use it for is endless. Because I am a self proclaimed pizza fan,
Why this air fryer pizza rolls recipe will be a diet staple-
- No frozen pizza rolls required. Traditional air fried pizza rolls use frozen pizza rolls (like Totino’s or Annie’s), but not these ones- they are made from scratch!
- 4 Ingredients only. All you need is pizza dough (2 ingredients), sauce, and cheese.
- Easy to customize. Like any good pizza out there, the base recipe acts as a blank canvas. You can add your favorite toppings, meats, and vegetables.
- Healthy enough to snack on. The dough is higher in protein and there’s added fiber too, so you can fell good enjoying one or two as a snack between meals.
These pizza rolls come together in less than 10 minutes and the texture ticks all the boxes- A chewy and fluffy crust and with a cheesy, saucy, center. They taste like any good pizza out there, rolled to perfection.
How to air fry pizza rolls
- Pizza dough– Either a store bought kind or try my 2 ingredient pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce- I love using a homemade pizza sauce, but store bought ones will work just as well.
- Cheese- Mozzarella is a must for any good pizza-style recipe.
- Pizza toppings- Olives, peppers, onions, ham, bacon, etc.
- Milk- To brush the exterior of the rolls for the chewy and firm crust.
Start by preparing the pizza dough as instructed. If the dough is too thick, add more yogurt. If the dough is too thin, add more flour.
Next, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured kitchen surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Spread the pizza sauce all over the dough, reserving around half an inch around the perimeter. Add the cheese and pizza toppings, then roll up jelly style. Once rolled up, use a sharp knife to cut 8 portions.
Now, gently brush the exterior and top of the pizza rolls with the milk. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Remove them from the air fryer basket and enjoy immediately.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
- Make them vegan. Use a dairy free yogurt (like coconut yogurt) and plant based cheese.
- Make the gluten free. Use gluten free self rising flour (like Dove Farms) and be sure the pizza sauce is certified gluten free.
- Make them vegetarian. Omit the idea of adding bacon, ham, chicken, etc.
- Create dessert pizza rolls. Replace the sauce with homemade Nutella and add crushed nuts, berries, or other fruit.
- Cut the carbs– Use a keto pizza dough for the base and bake it as normal.
Here are some other flavors to try. Simply keep the original recipe the same then add the suggested toppings below.
- Pepperoni– Add 1/2 cup of mini pepperoni or turkey pepperoni.
- Vegetarian– Mushrooms, olives, and sliced bell peppers.
- Hawaiian– Sliced pineapple and shaved ham.
- BBQ chicken– Shredded chicken, onion, mushrooms, and barbecue sauce.
- Margherita– Finely diced tomatoes and a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Storing, freezing, and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftover pizza rolls can be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Place the pizza rolls in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Place the rolls in the basket and air fry for 2 minutes, until crisp around the edges.
What to serve with pizza rolls
Pizza rolls taste delicious on their own, but are great to dip into thick sauces. Some of our favorites include marinara sauce, or a cheese sauce.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Totino’s and Annie’s both make pizza rolls (also known as hot pockets or pizza pockets) that can be air fried.
Air fry frozen pizza rolls at 200C/400F for 9-10 minutes.
Store bought pizza dough works. Choose one that is enough for a 12-inch pizza.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Prepare the dough as instructed.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape, around half an inch in thickness. Spread the pizza sauce on top, leaving room around the perimeter of the dough. Add the cheese and pizza toppings of choice, before rolling it up, jelly roll style. Use a wet knife to slice into 8 portions.
- Lightly grease an air fryer basket. Brush the exterior of the pizza rolls and place them in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 200C/400F for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the pizza rolls from the air fryer and serve immediately.