This crustless pizza the ultimate low carb comfort that has all the best parts of a pizza, minus the crust! Cheesy, meaty, and easy to customize, it’s made in just ONE skillet and takes 15 minutes to make.
We all love an easy keto dinner recipe. One that we can put together with minimal prep and that tastes delicious.
Whenever I’m craving carbs or comfort food, I have a few standbys. I enjoy making keto mac and cheese, and sometimes I love a good keto gnocchi. However, when the pizza cravings strike, nothing beats a crustless pizza.
Table of Contents
What is a crustless pizza?
As the name suggests, a crustless pizza is everything you love about a pizza, minus the crust. Like keto pizza, chicken crust pizza, and pizza bowls, It’s a popular dish for those following a low carb diet, as the base involves ground meat and it’s topped with plenty of cheese. Therefore, I make it whenever I’m craving carbs!
Why this crustless pizza recipe will be a dinner time favorite-
- Zero carbs. Ever wondered why a crustless pizza is popular on a keto diet? It has barely any carbs! If you use certain vegetables or smoked meats, it can increase the carb count, but made as written, it’s virtually carb free.
- Made in just one skillet. From cooking the ground meat to assembling the no crust pizza, it’s all made in the same skillet. No washing up or multiple mixing bowls needed.
- Ready in 15 minutes. From prep to plate, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes. It’s perfect for an easy keto dinner.
What I love about this recipe is just how much it satisfies my pizza cravings. Like most people, the crust is the most boring part of the pizza, and really is only there for a vehicle for all the toppings. Even those who don’t follow a low carb diet are obsessed with it!
- Ground meat– I like to use lean ground turkey, as it cuts down on the overall fat content (to balance out all the cheese used!). You can use lean ground beef, chicken, or even pork.
- Garlic– To cook with the ground turkey.
- Olive oil– To fry everything in.
- Italian seasonings– A must for any good pizza dish.
- Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese– The cheddar cheese is mixed into the ground turkey to give it a cheesier flavor, and the mozzarella cheese is sprinkled on top to give it the authentic pizza topping vibe.
- Pizza sauce– Skip the carbs and make your own keto pizza sauce.
- Pizza toppings– I enjoy using bell peppers, mushrooms, and pepperoni, but use whatever you prefer!
How to make a crustless pizza
Start by adding your olive oil into a 12-inch skillet and placing it over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the ground turkey and use a spatula to break it apart. Cook the ground turkey for 5-6 minutes, until it is no longer pink.
Next, remove the skillet from the heat. Stir through the cheddar cheese and mix until fully incorporated and form the base of the ‘pizza’. Add the pizza sauce, followed by the pizza toppings, then add the mozzarella cheese on top.
Now, bake the crustless pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling on top. Remove the pizza from the oven before slicing and serving it.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Adding cheese to the cooked ground meat adds extra cheesy flavor, while also keeping it moist. Do not omit this, or else you risk drying it out once all the pizza toppings are added, and it is baked again.
- If you want to add a ‘crust’ to it, make a keto pizza instead. The carbs are virtually non-existent and it gives you the much desired crust.
- The toppings used in this recipe are just a personal preference. You can use any toppings you like, including the ground meat!
How to store leftovers
To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
To freeze: Place the cooled pizza in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Reheating: Either microwave for 30-40 seconds or warm up in a preheated oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Domino’s, Papa Murphy’s and Pizza Hut all have variations of a crustless pizza, however, with different methods of cooking it. Instead of a crust around the edges, they just add extra toppings to the entire pizza is covered, hence the ‘crustless’ aspect.
While a homemade crustless pizza is keto friendly (like this recipe), takeout options like those at Domino’s or Pizza Hut are not. Both chains still have a ‘crust’ on their pizza (made with pizza dough) but cover the edge of the pizza was extra toppings, making it ‘crustless’.
There is no known pizza shop or chain that has the option to order a pizza without a dough crust.
What to serve with no crust pizza
Crustless Pizza (ZERO carbs!)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the ground turkey and break apart using a rubber spatula. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink. Stir through the Italian seasonings.
- Remove the skillet off the heat. Stir through the cheddar cheese. Spread the pizza sauce on top, followed by the mushrooms, olives, and pepperoni. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the crustless pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and slice into four portions and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.