This keto garlic bread is loaded with garlic and fresh herbs, all baked together in under 15 minutes! The ultimate low carb appetizer or side dish sure to impress! 1 net carbs per serving.
If I could add garlic to everything, I probably would. Well, not everything. Could you imagine how horrible these brownies would taste or even these cookies with garlic in them? No bueno.
But…on all SAVORY things, I would. This low carb garlic bread recipe is my current obsession. After making my fathead dough, I played around with the ingredients to make a garlic version. I was inspired by my cheesy garlic breadsticks recipe, and wanted to make it keto friendly.
This garlic bread is made with no yeast and no fancy gadgets required. You simply need 6 main ingredients and in 15 minutes, you have a delicious, chewy,and doughy garlic bread, minus the carbs!
How do you make keto garlic bread
- Almond flour– You want to use blanched almond flour, not almond meal. This will ensure the lighter texture and flavor.
- Garlic powder– Do not use garlic salt, as the cheese and yogurt already have added salt. Besides, the sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top will add extra salty flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese– Either pre-shredded mozzarella cheese or you can shred a block of mozzarella cheese.
- Greek Yogurt– Melted with the cheese to yield a creamy mixture. You can also use sour cream or cream cheese.
- Egg– Holds the garlic bread together! You’ll add the egg at the end, to ensure the egg isn’t cooked by the warm cheese.
- Butter– Mixed with the minced garlic to brush over the tops of the garlic bread.
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic or garlic from a jar.
- Italian herbs– Just a sprinkle to give extra flavor!
- Parmesan cheese– A little to sprinkle over the top to give that burst of flavor.
Start by adding your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, add your shredded cheese and Greek yogurt, and heat until the cheese has melted. Whisk together the cheese and yogurt until combined. Add the cheese mixture, along with the egg, into the dry ingredients. Mix well, until fully combined and turns into a dough.
Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet and flatten out to a thin, oval shape. In a small mixing bowl, combine your melted butter, garlic, and herbs. Whisk together, until combined. Brush over the top of the garlic bread and bake for 15 minutes at 180C/350F. Remove from the oven and let sit for several minutes, before sprinkling with parmesan cheese.c
Tips to make the best keto garlic bread
- Gently knead the mixture until a firm and thick dough remains. Be sure to melt your cheese completely, for it to be easier to combine.
- Move quickly when adding the cheese to the flour. The longer the cheese cools, the harder it will be to mix into the almond flour.
- Feel free to add extra spices or herbs into the dough, instead of just sprinkling on top.
Ways to serve keto garlic bread with
- Pizza– Serve this garlic bread with some keto fathead pizza. Add some marinara sauce on the side, and you’ll have a copycat Italian take out at home!
- Salad– Taking up the salad side dish to another level. This goes well with broccoli salad and some egg salad.
- Protein– Pair the bread with some sweet chili salmon, pan seared salmon, or some chicken tenders.
Storing and Freezing Garlic Bread
- To store: Leftover garlic bread should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: You can freeze the keto garlic bread by placing it in a ziplock bag and storing in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- To reheat: Either microwave the garlic bread for 30 seconds, or heat in the oven at 180C/350F for 10 minutes. You can even pan grill it, too.
More delicious keto bread recipes to try
Keto Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your almond flour and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine your shredded mozzarella cheese and Greek yogurt. Microwave for 1 minute, until cheese has melted. Whisk together with the yogurt until combined.
- Add the melted cheese mixture into the dry mixture. Add the egg and mix very well, until combined and a thin dough remains. Transfer the dough onto the lined tray and using a spoon, flatten out into an oval shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your melted butter, minced garlic, and Italian herbs. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the dough completely.
- Bake the garlic bread for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes, before sprinkling with parmesan cheese.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.