Learn how to make coconut flour bread that bakes perfectly every single time. This recipe is gluten-free, incredibly easy to make, and tastes incredible.
A coconut flour bread recipe that works as toast, in sandwiches, or even French toast? You have definitely come to the best place!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. Like protein bread, making homemade bread has never been this easy. Just put all its ingredients in a bowl, beat them up, and a super yummy batter is ready to go in the oven.
- High in fiber. This recipe is high in fiber which is a step up from any mainstream grocery store bread.
- Delicious. Coconut flour bread using coconut flour transforms the texture. It is super fluffy and buttery and perfectly enhances the taste of any food staple eaten with it.
What we love about this recipe is just how much it tastes like good white sandwich bread. Even though coconut flour is a key ingredient, I promise you won’t be able to taste it!
Unlike traditional bread, there isn’t any yeast required, and the ingredient list is very simple. Here is what you’ll need:
- Eggs. At room temperature.
- Coconut flour. The star ingredient. Be sure to use good quality coconut flour that is void of clumps or grittiness.
- Butter. For the perfectly moist and tender loaf.
- Baking powder. This leavening agent used to give the bread a little rise and fluffiness.
- Psyllium husk. Binds the bread together and gives it a more pliable texture.
- Apple cider vinegar. Lighten up the dough.
- Salt.To enhance flavor.
- Egg white and sesame seeds. For the golden topping.
How to make bread with coconut flour?
The beauty of bread coconut flour is that even novices can make it taste like a pro. Just put a little effort, and the bread will taste heavenly. Ready to cook some up? Here you go!
Step 1- Blend the dry ingredients
Start by adding the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and psyllium husk in a bowl and stir together. Add butter to the dry ingredients and stir until it gets crumbly.
Step 2- whip eggs
Next, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy. It should take about 3-4 minutes.
Step 3- Combine all the things
Now, add the apple cider vinegar and water to the beaten eggs and mix lightly. Add the dry ingredients and beat with the mixture until just combined.
Step 4- Bake the bread
Now Your batter is ready to bake. Preheat the oven and line a small bread pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and let it bake until the color gets brown. Now tent with foil and keep baking until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan and lift it into a cooling rack. Cut it into pieces and enjoy it with the tea.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Ensure you fold eggs into the batter rather than stirring or beating while incorporating the eggs into other ingredients. This will make a smooth dough that bakes beautifully.
- Wait for the batter to thicken a bit before baking. This is because of the absorbent qualities that coconut flour possesses.
- Let the baked bread cool down at room temperature to avoid crumbling.
Want to save leftovers to have for breakfast? Here are the best storage instructions.
To store: Wrap the leftovers in parchment paper and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
To freeze: Slice your bread, wrap individual pieces in plastic, and then foil. Now it is ready to freeze for 3-4 months straight.
Reheat: You can reheat the bread in the microwave oven or toast it lightly if you spot a bit of moisture.
More coconut flour recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Although coconut flour is a key ingredient, this bread doesn’t taste very much like it. It’s similar to a white sandwich bread but with a more buttery and dense texture.
It is not possible to replace all purpose flour with the coconut kind, as both have different baking properties. If you have leftover coconut flour on hand, try some coconut flour recipes.
Adding Psyllium husk and baking powder to the batter will allow the bread to rise slightly. However, unlike a wheat-based bread, it won’t rise too much.
Coconut Flour Bread | Just Like The Real Thing
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together until fluffy. Add the melted butter, water, and apple cider vinegar until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Transfer the bread batter into the lined pan. Brush the top with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.