This coconut flour banana bread is moist, fluffy, and made in just one bowl! Naturally gluten free and lower in carbs, it’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make.
The best coconut flour banana bread
If you are after the best banana bread recipe using coconut flour, you’ve come to the right place.
There are so many coconut banana bread recipes out there, but none of them come close to achieving the texture of a wheat based quick bread.
This one, however, tastes like the original. It takes seconds to prepare and has the BEST flavor.
Not to mention, it has the best texture: moist and fluffy in the middle with a gorgeous, tender crumb.
Oh, and if you are carbs, this one is lower in carbs that traditional banana bread!
If you’ve made any of my healthy desserts before, you’ve probably have all the ingredients in your pantry as we speak. If not, they can easily be found at your local grocery store. Here is what you’ll need:
- Coconut flour- The key ingredient. Be sure to sift the flour well to ensure there are no clumps throughout.
- Almond flour- You must use blanched almond flour, not almond meal. The former ensures the loaf if lighter and with a tender crumb, whereas the almond meal leaves the bread heavy and dense.
- Baking powder and baking soda- Both are used to help the cake rise slightly, and ensure the bread cooks evenly.
- Cinnamon- A must for any good banana bread recipe!
- Bananas- The riper your bananas are, the sweeter your bread will be!
- Maple syrup- Gives sweetness to the bread and helps to keep it moist. You can also use agave nectar.
- Vanilla extract- What is banana bread without a dash of vanilla added to it?
- Coconut oil- Be sure to use refined coconut oil, so there is no coconut flavor.
- Eggs- Room temperature eggs.
How to make banana bread with coconut flour
This has to be one of the easiest recipes to make. We made everything in one bowl and you follow a simple 2-step process.
Ready to whip up a loaf?
Step 1- Make the batter
Start by adding the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together until combined. In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil and eggs until combined and smooth. Gently fold through the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
Step 2- Bake the bread
Now, transfer the batter into a lined loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely, before slicing and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe
- The batter is VERY thick- Do not be concerned when transferring it into the loaf pan. Once it is baked, it will be thick and moist in the middle.
- Add 1-2 inches of parchment paper overhanging from all sides of the loaf pan. This makes the removal of the banana bread easy and mess-free!
- Do not over mix the batter. Gently fold through the ingredients until just combined.
- Fold through 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts, for some added texture and crunch.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: If you intend on enjoying the banana coconut bread within 2-3 days, you can store it at room temperature. Ensure they are stored in a sealed container or covered completely. If you’d like your bread to keep longer, store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place either the entire loaf or individual slices in ziplock bags and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More banana bread recipes to try
- Raspberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, coconut flour is key to achieve the perfect texture and flavor. If you’d like to use all purpose flour, try a vegan banana bread.
Both coconut and almond flour must be used in this recipe. The two flours balance each other out for a fluffy loaf. If you’d like to use just almond flour, try an almond flour banana bread.
This bread does not have any strong coconut flavor, even with the addition of coconut flour and coconut oil.
Best Coconut Flour Banana Bread | 2 Minutes Prep
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients, mix, and set aside. In a separate bowl, add your mashed bananas, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- In a third mixing bowl, add your softened coconut oil and eggs and beat until smooth and combined. Fold through your banana/syrup mixture until combined. Gently fold through your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Transfer the banana bread batter into the lined pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out the center clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely.