This healthy cinnamon swirl banana bread is moist on the inside and tender on the outside, and the perfect way to spruce up the classic banana bread! Made without eggs and without sugar, it’s the perfect dessert or snack recipe! Paleo, Vegan and gluten-free.
Everyone loves a good healthy banana bread but have you ever tried cinnamon swirl banana bread? In my opinion, it is my new favorite twist on banana bread. The tender exterior has a sugar-free cinnamon crunch to it, and there is a delicious cinnamon swirl in the center of it!
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
- Firstly, start by preheating the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. Also, prepare your two flax eggs, by combining 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water.
- You’ll then want to prepare your ingredients into three parts- Your dry mixture, your wet mixture, and your sugar-free cinnamon sugar blend.
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients (including the prepared flax eggs) and set aside. Combine your wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the lined pan. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon/sugar blend. Top with the remaining 2/3 of the banana bread batter. Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar topping over the top.
- Bake the cinnamon swirl banana bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in the pan for 20 minutes, before carefully removing the loaf from the pan and allowing it cool completely on a cooling rack.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR PERFECT CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
- Ensure your banana is very smooth, otherwise, you will find chunks in the batter.
- Oven makes and models differ, so you may need to bake for a few extra minutes. This banana bread is super moist, so it will not be overly fluffy and dense.
- You can omit the cinnamon swirl throughout and leave it for just the topping.
- Feel free to add several handfuls of chocolate chips or walnuts, for an even better texture.
STORING CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
Cinnamon swirl banana bread should not be stored at room temperature unless it is intended to be eaten within 2 days.
Store cinnamon swirl bread in the refrigerator, covered in plastic wrap or in a sealed container. Refrigerated cinnamon swirl banana bread will keep well for up to 5 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD?
The cinnamon swirl banana bread can be stored in the freezer, as it is freezer friendly. Wrap individual slices or entire loaf in parchment paper, and place in a ziplock bag. Frozen cinnamon swirl banana bread will keep for up to 6 months.
To enjoy the banana cinnamon swirl bread from the freezer, allow thawing completely at room temperature.
What to serve cinnamon swirl banana bread with
This cinnamon swirl banana bread is so versatile, and can be served with a plethora of healthy recipes!
More healthy baked recipes
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Prepare your flax eggs by combining the ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10 minutes, to form a gel.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate mixing bowl, add your bananas, flax eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix well. Prepare your cinnamon mixture by combining the cinnamon and granulated sweetener.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix well. If the batter is too thick, add some milk or maple syrup.
- Transfer 1/3 of the batter to the lined pan. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon/sweetener mixture. Fill with the remaining banana bread batter. Top with remaining cinnamon and granulated sweetener. Bake for 45-55 minutes, checking around the 40-minute mark. Once a skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Allow the cinnamon swirl banana bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.