Strawberry banana bread is a moist and tender quick bread that is made in one bowl and tastes incredible! No eggs needed and works with fresh or frozen strawberries.
When strawberry season rolls around, you’ll find me adding it to everything and anything.
Sure, we love to enjoy it on its own, but adding it to all our meals is even better.
Why this strawberry banana bread recipe works
- One bowl– No excessive clean up or multiple kitchen gadgets required!
- No eggs– For such a moist and fluffy loaf, you’d be surprised that there are no eggs in it.
- Easily made dairy free– With a few simple swaps, you won’t need any dairy.
Tender on the outside, moist on the inside, each slice is perfect. It works well with both fresh or frozen strawberries and comes together in no time.
How to make a strawberry banana bread?
- Bananas- The browner the bananas, the sweeter they will be! Don’t stress if your bananas are just ripe, this bread will be sweet enough!
- Butter OR oil- I like using unsalted butter, but any neutral flavored oil works.
- Sugar- White or brown sugar, or alternatives like coconut sugar.
- Vanilla Extract- A must for any baked good, especially a good banana bread.
- Milk- I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk works.
- Apple cider vinegar- A fantastic egg substitute, this helps the bread rise and remain fluffy.
- All-purpose flour- Also known as white or plain flour.
- Salt- To bring out the sweetness!
- Baking soda- Leavening agent that helps the bread rise.
- Strawberries– Finely chopped.
- Chocolate Chips- Optional, but I HIGHLY recommend it!
Start by preheating the oven and lining a loaf pan with either parchment paper or tin foil for easy removal.
Next, add your wet ingredients into a mixing bowl, then the dry, then fold through the strawberries.
Now, transfer the batter into the lined pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
- Make it vegan. Use dairy free butter (or coconut oil), non-dairy milk, and vegan chocolate chips.
- Make it gluten free. Opt for a gluten free flour blend.
- Cut the sugar. Use a brown sugar substitute (instead of the sugar) and sugar free chocolate chips.
- Add mix-ins. Fold through raisins, other fruit, nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes.
Best way to store banana bread
- To store: Leftovers can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to five days. If you’d like to keep it longer, store it in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place the baked and cooled bread in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More banana bread recipes to try
- Protein banana bread
- Eggless banana bread
- Blueberry banana bread
- Cinnamon swirl banana bread
- Raspberry banana bread
Frequently Asked Questions
Using overripe bananas and a combination of either oil or butter guarantees the bread to being super moist. If you’d like a super moist banana bread, try adding yogurt to it.
Even though this bread has fruit in it, it is still high in sugar and carbs. If you’d like something lighter, try making healthy banana bread.
You can easily ripen bananas for breads by either allowing them to sit in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours, or in a preheated oven for 2 hours.
Strawberry Banana Bread (No eggs or butter!)
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup butter * See notes
- 1 cup sugar ** See notes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk of choice oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free, if necessary
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add your wet ingredients, except for your chocolate chips and strawberries. Fold in your half your chocolate chips and strawberries, using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips and strawberries. Bake for 45-50 minutes, checking around the 40-minute mark. Once a skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Let the strawberry banana bread cool completely, before slicing and serving.