This easy one-bowl vegan and gluten-free strawberry banana bread is moist on the inside and tender on the outside! Made with no eggs, no oil and no dairy, it’s PERFECT with fresh or frozen strawberries!
Is there anything better than a piece of delicious and healthy banana bread? We love it here and even have some variations. We’ve had raspberry banana bread, zucchini banana bread, and even a banana bread mug cake.
With strawberry season in full swing, adding fresh strawberries to banana bread HAD to happen next!
Tender on the outside, moist on the inside, each slice of this healthy strawberry banana bread is perfect. Loaded with strawberries and chocolate chips, I DARE you to find an excuse not to make it.
Strawberry Banana Bread that is Healthy?
Unlike traditional banana bread, my version is secretly healthy and completely oil-free and dairy-free.
It’s also made without eggs (eggless!) which means it is also gluten-free and vegan. Naturally sweetened with banana and monk fruit sweetener, it’s completely refined sugar-free.
I promise you, even my skeptical friends couldn’t tell this banana bread with strawberries is healthy!
How to make healthy strawberry banana bread
- Bananas– The browner the bananas, the sweeter they will be! Don’t stress if your bananas are just ripe, this bread will be sweet enough!
- Vegan butter– A fantastic substitute for standard butter, you can also use vegan margarine or coconut oil (but it won’t be oil-free).
- Granulated sweetener of choice– Any sweetener will work, like sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, or to keep it sugar-free, monk fruit sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract– A must for any baked good, especially a good banana bread.
- Milk of choice- Any plant-based milk of choice will work, oat, soy, almond, etc.
- Apple cider vinegar– This replaces the need for eggs, and acts as a leavening agent, to give rise and texture to the bread.
- Salt– To bring out the sweetness!
- Baking soda– Helps the banana strawberry bread rise, instead of deflating in the center.
- All-purpose flour– You can use gluten-free all-purpose flour if you follow a gluten-free diet.
- Strawberries- Chopped finely, so they evenly distribute in the loaf.
- Chocolate Chips– Optional, but I HIGHLY recommend it!
Step 1- Preheat the oven and prepare the loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with either parchment paper or tin foil for easy removal.
Step 2- Prepare the ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Once mixed, add the rest of your ingredients, except for the strawberries and chocolate chips.
Using a rubber spatula, fold through half your strawberries and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
Step 3- Transfer the batter into the pan
Pour the strawberry banana bread batter into the lined pan. Top with the remaining strawberries and chocolate chips.
Step 4- Bake the strawberry banana bread
Bake the strawberry banana bread for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out the center clean. This banana strawberry bread is eggless, so if it is a tiny bit under-baked, it just means your bread will be super moist.
Step 5- Cool and Slice
Cool the banana and strawberry bread in the pan. Once cool, slice and enjoy!
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries?
For those who don’t have access to affordable fresh strawberries, this banana bread works beautifully with frozen strawberries too!
To use frozen strawberries, thaw them out completely, until room temperature. Once at room temperature, use a paper towel to remove any excess liquid.
Can I use freeze-dried strawberries
Another option instead of fresh strawberries is using freeze-dried strawberries.
Freeze-dried strawberries are extremely sweet, crisp and bake beautifully into the banana bread. Simply fold in 1/2-1 cup of freeze-dried strawberries into the batter.
Avoid topping the banana strawberry bread with it, as it will burn easily.
Storing Easy Healthy Strawberry Banana Bread
- To store: While this healthy banana and strawberry quick bread will keep well at room temperature, it is best to keep it refrigerated. Wrap leftover slices in plastic wrap and place on a plate or in a large ziplock bag. Refrigerated strawberry banana bread will keep fresh for at least a week.
- To freeze: This quick bread is freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Wrap the banana strawberry bread in parchment paper and place it a ziplock bag. It can be kept frozen for up to 6 months.
- To thaw- Allow the loaf/slices to thaw at room temperature. To enjoy it slightly warm, you can microwave it or heat in an oven.
More healthy recipes with strawberries
- Strawberry chocolate brownies
- Keto Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cookie Bars
- Strawberry Crumble Cookies
One Bowl Strawberry Banana Bread (No eggs!)
- 1 1/2 cups bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vegan butter * See notes
- 1 cup granulated sweetener of choice ** See notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk of choice oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour gluten-free, if necessary
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add your dry ingredients, except for your chocolate chips and strawberries. Fold in your half your chocolate chips and strawberries, using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips and strawberries. Bake for 45-50 minutes, checking around the 40-minute mark. Once a skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Allow the banana and raspberry dark chocolate bread to cool in the pan completely, before slicing.