These coconut flour muffins are so fluffy, tender, and made with just 6 ingredients! Ready in just 10 minutes, they are low in carbs but full of flavor!
The Best Coconut Flour Muffins
This coconut flour muffin recipe is one you’ll add to your baking routine.
The texture is incredible: moist, fluffy, and with a light and tender crumb.
They are healthier than other muffins too, thanks to the extra fiber and protein. Using coconut flour also helps keep the carbs low too. I mean, if you use a sugar free syrup, these muffins will have just 2 grams of carbs.
The best thing about these muffins is that they take seconds to prep and mere minutes to bake. The recipe is super simple too- you simply mix everything together, then bake them up!
You’ll love this simple ingredient list. If you’ve made any of my healthy desserts before, you’ve probably got everything in your pantry as we speak!
- Coconut flour– Be sure to sift your coconut flour, to ensure there are no clumps.
- Baking powder– Gives the muffins a little extra fluffiness and rise.
- Eggs– Room temperature.
- Butter– Salted and softened. Dairy free butter can also be used.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any milk works.
- Honey OR keto honey– Gives the muffins some sweetness, and extra moisture. You can also try sugar free maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good muffin or baked goods.
- Mix-ins– Optional, but easy to jazz up the flavors. I added blueberries.
How do you make coconut flour muffins?
Calling these muffins simple is an understatement.
Seriously, all you do is follow an easy 3-step process:
Step 1- Make the batter
In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and baking powder and whisk until combined. Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, milk, honey, and vanilla extract, until combined. Gently fold through the dry ingredients until combined.
Step 2- Fill the muffin cups
Now, distribute the batter amongst a 12-count muffin tin filled with muffin liners.
Step 3- Bake the muffins
Bake the muffins for around 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Be sure to sift your coconut flour very well before using it. Unlike other flours, coconut often clumps and sticks together.
- Avoid over-baking the muffins, as they continue to cook as they are cooling down.
- For some fun variety, fold through some chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: If you intend to eat the muffins within 2 days, they can be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container. If you’d like it to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place the muffins in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More coconut flour recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Using too much or too little coconut flour can either make the muffins dry or make them wet and soggy. Always carefully measure the flour before using it to ensure everything turns out correctly.
Yes, these muffins will rise thanks to the addition of baking powder and eggs.
When made using keto honey, there are just 2 grams of carbs.
Coconut Flour Muffins with 6 Ingredients | Made in one bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your coconut flour with baking powder and mix well. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs, softened butter, milk, honey, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gently fold through your dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Add the blueberries, if using them. Distribute the batter amongst the muffin liners.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, before removing from the oven and letting cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.