Learn how to make the BEST keto pancakes ever, made with coconut flour and almond flour! Thick, fluffy and loaded with chocolate chips, these keto pancakes are made without cream cheese and without pumpkin! Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and with a vegan option.
Coconut Flour Keto Pancakes
These super fluffy and thick coconut flour pancakes with chocolate chips are a delicious low carb and keto breakfast! Filling, nutritious and completely sugar free, you won’t believe they are made without any dairy or sugar!
Keto pancakes with coconut flour can often be hit or miss. You need to be extremely precise with the measurements and be patient when cooking them up.
I often get asked if you can eat pancakes on a keto diet, and the answer is a big FAT YES. Ever since I found out that a keto diet can include chocolate, I’ve been using it as an excuse to add to everything…like these pancakes.
Not even kidding, these are the BEST keto pancakes recipe ever, and I owe it all to the inclusion of chocolate chips. Not only are these thick and fluffy pancakes completely low carb, paleo and gluten-free, but there is also an option for my vegan friends to enjoy them too!
How to make keto pancakes with coconut flour
Step 1: Prepare your ingredients
Sift your coconut flour to ensure that all the clumps are removed. Seperate your egg whites from the yolks, and set aside.
Step 2: Prepare your wet and dry ingredients separately
In a large mixing bowl, combine your coconut flour, almond flour, and baking powder and mix well. In a seperate mixing bowl, add your egg yolks, coconut milk, liquid stevia, and almond extract. Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. If the batter is too thick, add a little extra coconut milk.
Step 4: Whisk your egg whites then add to the batter
Using a fork, whisk your egg whites for 30 seconds- 1 minute, until stiff peaks start to form. Add your egg whites to the pancake batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Let pancake batter sit
Allow the pancake batter to sit for 5 minutes. This will thicken the batter, and make the cooking process so much easier.
Step 5: Make your pancakes
Coat a medium non-stick pan with cooking spray. Heat on medium temperature. When hot, add scant 1/4 cup portions of the pancake batter onto the greased pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges start to go golden/brown. Flip the pancakes carefully, before cooking for another 1-2 minutes, or until completely cooked. Repeat until all the pancake batter has been used up.
How to make coconut flour pancakes eggless and vegan
To provide a vegan and eggless alternative, I tried out a few different variations and found this to be the best one.
Please refer to the recipe card for full instructions and measurements.
Can you freeze keto coconut flour pancakes?
Keto coconut flour pancakes are freezer friendly and perfect to make as part of a breakfast meal prep.
Simply cool your pancakes completely. Once cool, wrap in single serve portions in parchment paper. Before enjoying, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Frozen keto pancakes will keep for at least 6 months.
Tips and Trick for perfect keto coconut flour pancakes
Patience is key when making these pancakes. While it may seem to be more time consuming than traditional pancakes, you’ll be rewarded with ultra thick and fluffy pancakes.
Even though this recipe calls for coconut flour, you won’t be able to taste it at all.
Please allow the pancake batter to sit for at least 5 minutes before cooking. It will really help the pancakes cooking together.
If possible, cover the non-stick pan when frying up the pancakes- This will ensure the keto pancakes are more evenly cooked.
Be careful when flipping the pancakes, as they can sometimes be a little bit delicate. I find using a large spatula helps keep it in place.
What to serve keto pancakes with
As these pancakes have chocolate chips in them, I prefer them on their own. However, here are some fantastic topping ideas, that are all keto approved too!
- Keto Maple Syrup– This keto approved maple syrup has a fantastic texture and flavor, similar to traditional pancake syrup.
- Low carb fruits– A small number of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are great to top the pancakes. They will still remain low carb, as the net carbs are still very low.
- Pancake sauces– Chocolate syrup, Maple pecan syrup, and vanilla syrup are my favorites.
More keto breakfast recipes
- Keto No Bake Breakfast Cookies
- Overnight Oatmeal
- Cookie Dough Oatmeal
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Zucchini Bars
Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes (Paleo, Vegan Option)PIN THIS RECIPE
For the original option
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a seperate small bowl, combine your egg yolks, almond extract, liquid stevia, and coconut milk and whisk together. Add to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Whisk your egg whites until stiff peaks start to form. Fold into your pancake batter, along with your chocolate chips. Allow sitting for 5 minutes.
- Coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray. On medium heat, heat until hot. When hot, pour scant 1/4 cup portions of the pancake batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges start to bubble and are golden. Carefully flip the pancakes and continue cooking until done. Repeat until all the pancake batter has been used up.
For the vegan/eggless option
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients, followed by your wet ingredients and whisk very well. If the batter is too thick, add a little extra milk. If it is too thin, add a dash more gluten-free flour.
- Allow batter to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray and on medium heat, allow the pan to heat up. Once hot, add scant 1/4 cup portions into the heated pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the edges and are slightly golden. Flip pancakes and repeat until cooked through.