These healthy oatmeal pancakes are light, fluffy, and made with just 3 ingredients! No eggs and no flour needed, they are perfect for a wholesome and filling breakfast!
The Best Healthy Pancakes
That said, there are a couple of ways to make the batter.
The quickest way to do so is to blend everything up together in a food processor or high speed blender. However, if you don’t have either of those, you can use a mixing bowl.
Now, no flour and no eggs are needed, but you’d never tell. All you need is 3 simple and healthy ingredients and you are rewarded with a pancake breakfast.
These have the best texture too: light, thick, and perfectly fluffy. They are pleasantly sweet, without being overpowering- This is PERFECT to add your favorite toppings or some sugar free syrup.
This is a ridiculously short ingredient list for this pancake recipe. If you’ve made any of my healthy breakfast recipes before, you probably have everything on hand right now! Here is what you’ll need:
- Rolled oats– Also known as old fashioned oats. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats, if needed.
- Banana– The riper the bananas are, the sweeter your pancakes will be. Avoid using frozen bananas, as it can break down in the blender, and add extra liquid.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk works.
How to make healthy oatmeal pancakes?
This really has to be one of the easiest pancakes to make. The total hands on time is less than 5 minutes, and you follow a simple 3-step process.
Step 1- Make the batter
Step 2- Rest the batter
Let the batter sit for several minutes, for the oats to soak up the smooth banana and milk. This will ensure the pancakes aren’t thin or brittle.
Step 3- Cook the pancakes
Now, heat up a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray. Once the pan is hot, add 1/4 cup portions of the pancake batter. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further two minutes. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up. Serve immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- For thick and fluffy pancakes every single time, be sure to cover the pan. This traps the heat and helps the pancakes puff up and maintain their height.
- Double or triple the recipe if you’d like this to be part of a breakfast meal prep.
- For a wheat free alternative, you can swap out the oats for quinoa flakes or buckwheat flakes.
While these pancakes taste delicious on their own, jazz it up by changing up the flavors.
- Chocolate chip– Add 1/4 cup of sugar free chocolate chips into the batter.
- Blueberry– Fold through 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter.
- Apple cinnamon– Add 1/4 cup chopped apple and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Peanut butter– Fold through two tablespoons of peanut butter and drizzle extra on top.
- Double chocolate– Add two tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place pancakes in ziplock bags and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating pancakes: Microwave cold pancakes for 30 seconds, or reheat on a non-stick pan.
More pancake recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
When made with wholesome ingredients, pancakes can make a healthy and nutritious breakfast. Choose pancakes that are high in fiber, protein, and have no added sugar.
Alternative flours are best to use for making pancakes, as they have extra nutritional benefits. Oat flour, almond flour, and coconut flour are all fantastic options.
If you don’t want to use banana, you can use equal amounts of unsweetened applesauce.
Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes With 3 Ingredients | The Best Healthy Pancakes
- In a high speed blender, add all your ingredients and blend very well, until a smooth batter remains. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes, to thicken.
- Grease a non-stick pan and heat on medium. Once hot, add scant 1/4 cup portions of pancake batter and cover the pan. Let the pancakes cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat the process until all the pancake batter is used up.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.