These 2 ingredient banana pancakes are the world’s easiest pancakes! Made with just eggs and bananas, they are a healthy breakfast that takes seconds to make!
2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here’s why you need these banana egg pancakes-
- 2 Ingredients. Yes, you aren’t reading this incorrectly. There are just two ingredients needed to make this breakfast staple. Banana and eggs- That’s it!
- No flour or grains. No grains or flour makes these pancakes suitable for those following a gluten free, grain free, and even paleo diet!
- 100% naturally sweetened. Thanks to the banana used, there is no refined sugar needed. I mean, even if you add some toppings, you can keep this trend by using sugar free maple syrup.
- One bowl! Or one blender…whichever you choose. All you do is whisk or blend them together and voila- instant pancake batter!
Do these taste like real deal pancakes?
Now, I have to be honest here. If you intend these pancakes to be extra thick and fluffy ones that you’d find in a diner or make from a boxed mix, you’ll be disappointed. A good pancake NEEDS some kind of flour (self-rising, almond, or even oat flour) for it to have some substance. However, they are a great alternative and perfect to add plenty of toppings.
The texture is soft and fluffy, and perfect to customize with your favorite spices, nuts, seeds, fruit, or chocolate! These pancakes taste healthy, so go one further and even drizzle some chocolate syrup or add a scoop of ice cream!
Ingredients to make this recipe
For the pancakes
- Banana– Overripe bananas are preferred, as they yield a sweeter pancake.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs.
- Baking powder– Optional, but helps make the pancakes extra fluffy.
- Cocoa powder- Dutch processed cocoa powder or dark cocoa powder.
- Nut or seed butter– Peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or tahini.
- Nuts– Chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- Berries– Raspberries, blueberries, or sliced strawberries.
- Chocolate– Chopped up chocolate or chocolate chips.
How do you make 2 ingredient pancakes?
You can prepare the pancake mixture in either a blender or mixing bowl. I prefer the blender option as I prefer my bananas completely smooth, but a mixing bowl works just as well!
- Blender option– Add all the ingredients into a blender and. blend until combined.
- Mixing bowl option– Add the bananas into a mixing bowl and using a fork, mash the bananas until mostly smooth. Whisk in the eggs and baking powder until incorporated. Fold through any mix-ins if adding them.
Once you’ve prepared the batter, grease a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, drop spoonfuls of the batter onto it and cover the pan immediately. Let the pancakes cook for 1- 1 1/2 minutes before carefully flipping and cooking for a further minute. Repeat the process until all the pancakes have been cooked.
Tips to make the best two ingredient banana pancakes
- Cover the pan when cooking the pancakes. This helps them rise and become slightly fluffier.
- Be very careful when flipping the pancakes. If they look a little too fragile, let them cook for an extra 20-30 seconds.
- Do not try and make large pancakes, or else they will fall apart. Dollar sized pancakes are best and will make the flipping part easy to do!
Storing and freezing banana egg pancakes
- To store: Pancake should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To reheat: Microwave the pancakes for 20-30 seconds or until they are warm. Add your toppings and enjoy immediately.
More 2 ingredient recipes to try
2 Ingredient Pancakes
- 2 large bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder optional
- In a high speed blender, add your bananas, eggs, and baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Once hot, add heaped tablespoons of the batter and cover the pan. After a minute, if the pancakes are flippable, flip and cook for a further minute. Repeat the process until all the pancake batter has been used up.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with your favorite toppings.