Homemade candy magic coming your way! This 2 ingredient fudge contains NO dairy, NO butter, and NO powdered sugar, yet it’s the most creamy and smooth fudge ever. Make it with white, milk, or dark chocolate!
2 Ingredient Fudge
Growing up, fudge was a treat I often ‘helped’ my mom make on special occasions. It’s one of the world’s easiest recipes and something we often made for our friends and family, especially during the holiday season. I finally stole my mom’s foolproof recipe and gave it a tiny dairy free makeover!
I’ve been meaning to share a 2 ingredient fudge recipe for quite some time. It’s my go-to dessert to make when I need to bring something sweet to parties or events, or during the holidays, when I make edible gifts. It literally needs two ingredients and can be made with three bases- white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate!
The texture is smooth, creamy, and melts in your mouth. It’s sweet and can be made with three kinds of chocolate. Using coconut condensed milk keeps the fudge rich and creamy, WITHOUT any dairy or butter.
Is coconut condensed milk the same as condensed milk?
If you’ve ever used condensed milk before, you’ll notice that it is thick and extra sweet, and perfect for candy, iced coffee, or a simple dulce de leche. Coconut condensed milk is essentially the SAME thing, minus the dairy! It’s also suitable for those on a vegan or paleo diet!
How do you make two ingredient fudge?
- Chocolate– White chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate.
- Coconut condensed milk– You can also use traditional condensed milk if you don’t follow a vegan or dairy free diet.
In a microwave safe bowl, combine your chopped chocolate (or chocolate buttons) with the coconut condensed milk. Microwave in 20-second spurts, until the chocolate begins to melt. Once the chocolate has mostly melted, whisk it into the warm condensed milk until completely smooth.
Now, transfer the fudge mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the top and refrigerate it for at least an hour, to firm up.
This fudge all follows the same instructions, you only change up the chocolate you use! Here are also some tested mix-in ideas to take it up a notch!
2 Ingredient white chocolate fudge
- White chocolate– Vegan white chocolate buttons (or chips), sugar free white chocolate, or standard white chocolate.
- Mix-in ideas– Dried unsweetened cranberries or raspberries.
2 Ingredient milk chocolate fudge
- Milk chocolate– Vegan milk chocolate or standard milk chocolate.
- Mix-in ideas– Roasted peanuts, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
Dark chocolate fudge
- Dark chocolate– Any dark chocolate bar with a cocoa content of at least 70%. As the condensed milk is already sweetened, you can even use an unsweetened chocolate bar (also referred to as bakers’ chocolate).
- Mix-in ideas– Chopped almonds and sea salt.
Why is my microwave fudge grainy?
When you make fudge in the microwave, you need to be sure to microwave the mixture in 20-second spurts. Any longer than that and you risk the chocolate overheating and once it mixes with the condensed milk, it begins to yield a grainer texture.
Tips to make the best 2 ingredient fudge
I’ve made this fudge countless times (seriously, since I was three years old!). Here are the top tips for fool-proof fudge every single time.
- If possible, use a chopped up chocolate bar as opposed to chocolate chips. The latter tend to lack the creaminess, as they are designed to hold their shape.
- Microwave makes and models vary. Keep an eye while the chocolate/condensed milk is heating up, as you may not need to microwave it as long as I did!
- If you don’t own a microwave, you can use the double boiler method and make this fudge stovetop.
Storing and freezing microwave fudge
- To store: Fudge should always be stored in the refrigerator, covered. The fudge will keep well for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover fudge in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More no bake dessert recipes to try
2 Ingredient Fudge (No dairy!)
- 1 14 oz can coconut condensed milk
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons chocolate of choice chopped * See notes
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your coconut condensed milk and chopped chocolate. Microwave it in 20-second spurts until the chocolate has just melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk the two ingredients together until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and refrigerate for at least an hour, until it has firmed up. Slice into pieces.