An easy healthy no bake recipe for homemade paleo vegan bounty bars made with just 4 ingredients! Also known as mound bars, these chocolate coconut no bake bars are keto friendly, sugar free and low carb. The ultimate way to satisfy the sweet tooth.
It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of healthy chocolate coconut recipes here. Chocolate coconut no bake balls, chocolate coconut crack bars and of course, the 3-ingredient chocolate coconut keto cups are some of our favorites. Although, one does override all of these…
Healthy Homemade Bounty Bars
My recipe for homemade paleo bounty bars is without a doubt, one of the most-made recipes on my site. It’s hard to find a bounty recipe without condensed milk, but this fits the bill.
With that said, I’ve been getting more and more requests for a healthy paleo bounty bar recipe without any coconut oil.
Friends, these 4-ingredient healthy bounty bar recipe delivers to the T.
Bounty bars, or for my American friends, Mound Bars, are essentially a delicious chocolate coconut candy bar. A sweet, coconut center, covered in chocolate. They are one of my all-time favorite candy bars, and actually, super simple to whip up!
How to Make Bounty Bars
To make bounty bars, you’ll follow a simple, 3-step process-
- Prepare your coconut filling. This will involve you combining your melted coconut butter, sticky sweetener of choice (pure maple syrup or honey work great!) and unsweetened coconut flakes
- Line an 8 x 8-inch deep pan with parchment paper and press the coconut filling firmly in place. Refrigerate it until firm.
- Once firm, cut into bars and melt your chocolate chips of choice. Moving quickly, use two forks to cover each coconut bar in the chocolate until evenly coated. Repeat the process until each bar is covered in chocolate and refrigerate until firm then enjoy!
The Best Healthy Liquid Sweeteners
To keep these bounty bars paleo and vegan-friendly, using maple syrup or honey (not for strict vegans!) works best.
For my ketogenic and low carb readers, I’ve tried this recipe with a naturally sweetened maple syrup (100% sugar free) which works very well.
How to make Coconut Butter
Coconut butter is one of the most expensive grocery items I’ve ever come across. I remember back in the day, I’d fork out close to $20 for a tiny jar. Luckily, I soon realized just how easy it was to make my own using just ONE ingredient- shredded unsweetened coconut!
Simply add 1 pound (16 ounces or just under half a kilo!) of unsweetened shredded coconut flakes to the blender or food processor. Blend for 2-3 minutes, until a crumbly texture remains. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides very well.
Continue blending/pulsing, pausing to regularly scrape the sides until a smooth and creamy coconut butter remains.
Coconut butter can be kept at room temperature, in a sealed container or jar.
More healthy chocolate coconut recipes? Gotcha covered!
Homemade Paleo Vegan Bounty Bars (Keto, Sugar Free)
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your coconut butter with your sticky sweetener and melt until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, if your coconut butter is already smooth and drippy, omit the heating part.
- Add your shredded coconut flakes and mix until fully combined. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and pour the coconut mixture and press firmly in place. Refrigerate.
- Once the coconut mixture is firm, cut into 20 bars and set aside. Melt your chocolate chips of choice and moving quickly, dip each bar in the chocolate mixture until they are fully coated and set aside. Refrigerate until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.