Enjoy an instant candy fix with this 2 ingredient peanut butter fudge! Made completely in the microwave, there is NO butter, NO condensed milk, and NO powdered sugar needed.
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
Is there any candy better than fudge? Nope, and there never will be. I know I shouldn’t play favorites, but as someone who loves peanut butter (and goes through several jars a week), I am a sucker for peanut butter fudge.
Here’s why this peanut butter fudge will become your new obsession-
- 2 Ingredients! In case the name of this recipe confused you, it really does need just two ingredients- peanut butter and vanilla frosting. Unlike most fudge recipes out there, this needs no condensed milk, no butter, and no powdered sugar.
- Made in the microwave. No stovetop or oven is needed as this fudge is made completely in the microwave. Granted, if you don’t have a microwave, you can easily make it stovetop.
- One bowl. Or one microwave-safe bowl rather. There is no clean up or preparation needed. This is definitely one of the perks of this dessert!
This microwave peanut butter fudge recipe has a smooth and creamy texture that melts in your mouth. It’s sweet and full of peanut butter flavor, and the addition of flaky sea salt takes it to another level!
I love making this fudge during the holiday season and gifting it to my friends and family- They think I’ve made something fancy, but little do they know that it was made with just two ingredients!
How do you make microwave peanut butter fudge?
- Peanut butter– Smooth peanut butter that can easily be melted (I used Skippy’s All Natural Peanut Butter). Avoid using freshly ground peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter, as it will be difficult to melt in the microwave.
- Vanilla frosting– Any store bought or grocery store vanilla frosting can be used. I prefer using Betty Crocker vanilla frosting, as it has no dairy or eggs in it (perfect for a vegan diet!).
- Flaky salt– Optional, but definitely add this if there is no salt in your peanut butter.
In a microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter and microwave in 20-second spurts until it has melted. Add the vanilla frosting and microwave for an extra 20 seconds. Whisk the peanut butter and vanilla frosting together until smooth.
Now, transfer the fudge mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch square pan. Place the peanut butter fudge in the refrigerator for at least two hours to firm up. Once firm, slice into pieces.
Tips to make the best peanut butter fudge in the microwave
- Keep a firm eye on the microwave while the peanut butter is in there, as it can go from melted to burnt very easily.
- If your frosting is smooth and pourable, don’t add it to the microwaved peanut butter. Instead, add it to the bowl and whisk it into the peanut butter. The heat will naturally melt it.
- Feel free to fold through some chopped walnuts or pecans for some added texture.
Storing and freezing peanut butter fudge
- To store: Fudge should be stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a shallow container lined with parchment paper and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More 2 ingredient dessert recipes to try
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your peanut butter and microwave in 20-second spurts until melted. Add the vanilla frosting and melt for a further 20 seconds.
- Transfer the fudge mixture into the lined pan and refrigerate for at least two hours, to firm up. Once firm, slice into pieces and sprinkle with flaky salt.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.