This rocky road fudge features a rich and creamy chocolate fudge base studded with marshmallows, peanuts, and candy! It’s a foolproof 5 ingredient no bake dessert.
Fudge has to be one of the easiest and most delicious no bake desserts out there.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- A no-bake fudge. This fudge recipe doesn’t call for flour and doesn’t require baking.
- Only 5 ingredients. Nobody likes a lengthy list of ingredients for such simple desserts as fudges. This rocky road-inspired fudge is made with five easy-to-find ingredients (for one better, try our 3 ingredient fudge!).
- Perfect rocky road texture. Made with peanuts, marshmallows, and gummy candy, this rocky road fudge has the most amazing complex texture.
- No breaking! Okay, so rocky road bars are infamous for being crumbly and breaking. Not fudge- it’s smooth and creamy and is so much softer.
If you’ve been looking for an easy and quick rocky road fudge recipe, give this one a try. It takes minimal time and effort to make but the results are scrumptious.
- Chocolate. As we’ll be combining this with condensed milk, I prefer to use darker chocolate. Semi-sweet or milk chocolate also works.
- Condensed milk. A must for any good fudge recipe. You can use coconut condensed milk if you’d like it to be dairy-free.
- Marshmallows. Mini marshmallows work best for this recipe. Use sugar-free marshmallows if you want.
- Peanuts. For that added crunch and texture. Swap it out for any nuts or seeds of choice.
- Candy. Optional, but a classic rocky road always has some gummy candy in it!
How to make rocky road fudge
- Melt the fudge base. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and condensed milk. Microwave in 20-second increments until the chocolate is mostly melted. Whisk everything until smooth.
- Add mix-ins. Fold through the marshmallow, peanuts, and candy.
- Let it set. Transfer the rocky road fudge into a lined square pan and refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
- Slice and serve. Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into bite-sized pieces.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Chocolate over chocolate chips. While chocolate chips will melt, using chopped chocolate not only melts better, but has a higher % of cocoa solids which will yield a more creamy and rich fudge.
- Let the mixture cool slightly. Once microwaved, let the condensed milk/chocolate mix cool slightly, to prevent the marshmallows from melting.
- Use mini marshmallows. Larger marshmallows don’t look as visually appealing and also clump together. Opt for mini marshmallows which disperse so much better, so every bite will include some!
- Line the pan. Always line the pan so the rocky road can be easily removed.
To store. Fudge will keep well at room temperature, covered, for up to two weeks. You can refrigerate it if you’d like it to keep longer.
To freeze. Place the fudge in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Chef’s knife. A good quality knife to slice the rocky road without it breaking apart.
- Square pan. To let the rocky road fudge set in.
More candy recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
Yes! Swap out the condensed milk for coconut condensed milk and use dairy free chocolate.
Yes, you can. The fudge base is very forgiving, so add any mix-ins your like.
Rocky Road Fudge
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your chocolate with condensed milk. Whisk together until smooth. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Fold through the peanuts, marshmallows, and gummy candy.
- Transfer the rocky road fudge mixture into the lined pan and refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
- Once firm, use a sharp knife to slice into bite-sized pieces.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.