These keto gummies are a low carb and sugar free take on classic gummy bears! Made with 3 ingredients, they take minutes to make and are seriously addictive! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Growing up, like most kids, I was obsessed with all things gummy bears. My mom, like most moms (I presume), would never really keep any gummies in the house. Birthday parties and holiday events were the only times we’d be allowed to enjoy some. As we got older, mom stopped being super strict and we were able to enjoy gummy candy whenever we liked (at our own peril). My sister and I would have a little part of the cupboard reserved for it, which we’d both top up when needed. While we loved anything chocolate or hard candy, our favorite was the gummies!
Now, since going low carb, it’s been a struggle to satisfy my gummy cravings. Traditional gummies are predominantly sugar and loaded with carbs. Although online stores and supermarkets now do stock sugar free gummies, they are LOADED with artificial sweeteners that cause insane digestive issues. As such, I took it upon myself to find a solution. Like my keto hard candy, I decided to make a keto gummy version!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto gummies recipe for quite some time. They’ve been a savior for my constant sweet tooth and they taste just like real gummy bears! All you need is 3 ingredients and a simple gummy bear or candy mold to make!
No sugar and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is soft, jelly-like, and pleasantly chewy. They are sweet, tart, and can come in a plethora of flavors.
My sister tried a bunch of these and she could NOT believe that they were low carb- She thought they tasted just like real deal gummy candy!
How do you make keto gummy bears?
- Sugar free jello mix– Use your favorite flavors. I used raspberry, lime, orange, and pineapple.
- Unflavored gelatin– Thickens the gummy bears and keeps them firm at room temperature.
- Water– Boiling hot water.
Start by adding the jello mix and gelatin into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Next, add the boiling water and whisk very well, until the jello mix/gelatin has dissolved. Let the mixture cool for around 10 minutes.
Now, use a liquid dropper (pipette) to drop the gummy bear mixture into the gummy molds. If using multiple flavors, repeat the process until all the molds are filled. Place the filled candy molds in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes, to firm up. Once the gummies are firm, pop them out of the candy molds and enjoy.
Tips to make the best sugar free gummies
- Place all your filled candy molds onto a baking sheet for easy transfer and removal of the gummy candy from the refrigerator.
- If you’d like to make gummy worms, transfer the mixture into a loaf pan and use a pizza cutter to slice long, thin ‘worms’ once set.
- For sour gummy worms, add 1-2 tablespoons of a sugar free powdered drink mixture, like Koolaid.
Storing and freezing low carb gummies
- To store: Even though these are gummy candy, they should be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealed container. They will keep well for up to 1 month.
- To freeze: Place the gummies in a shallow container or ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto dessert recipes to try
- 4 .3 oz packages sugar free jello mix 4 different flavors * See notes
- 8 envelops gelatin 56 grams ** See notes
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- In four large mixing bowls, add one box of sugar free jello mix into each one and two envelopes of gelatin. Mix well until combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of boiling water to each one and whisk very well, until the jello and gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Place four gummy bear molds onto a large baking sheet. Using a liquid dropper, transfer the gummy bear mixtures into a gummy bear mold. Repeat this process for each flavor.
- Refrigerate the gummy bears for 30-40 minutes. Once set, remove from the refrigerator and pop out the gummies.