These keto fat bombs are the perfect quick and easy snack or dessert to keep the hunger pangs at bay! Ready in just 2 minutes, they are easy to customize and taste incredible!
Having regular snacks throughout the day helps me maintain a healthy diet.
For those of us who also follow a keto diet, regular snacking is super important to help keep hunger at bay and to also keep energy levels up. Carbohydrates aren’t the only source of fuel, so snacks high in fat and protein are key.
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are low carb and sugar-free sweet treats, usually made with either coconut oil, coconut butter, cream cheese, avocado, and/or nut butter. Pretty much, anything high fat, sugar-free and low carb can be made to become a fat bomb!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 5 ingredients. Two kinds of nuts, nut butter, a sweetener and chia seeds- That’s it!
- No baking required. Everything is blended together and it takes less than 5 minutes to do so.
- Just 2 grams net carbs each. Sweet, filling, and delicious. Each fat bomb has less than 2 grams net carbs.
- Easy to customize. Change up the nuts, add cocoa powder, make it nut-free- The possibilities are endless.
These small sweet snacks are deceptive- They are rich, sweet and a small serving will keep your sweet tooth AND blood sugars in check!
How to make keto fat bombs
- Pecans. Raw, unsalted pecans are best, as they have a rich and decadent flavor, and pairs well with the almond butter. You can also use walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Almonds. To break up the flavor of just one nut, adding almonds gives a buttery flavor, minus the butter. Use toasted almonds, for the best flavor.
- Almond butter. Creamy almond butter with a drippy texture. Avoid using thick or crunchy almond butter, as it will be hard to mix.
- Sugar substitute. keto powdered sugar is preferred, but a brown sugar substitute will also work.
- Chia seeds. To hold the fat bombs together.
- Milk of choice. To help bind everything. I like using coconut milk but any keto milk works.
Blend everything together: Add the nuts into a blender or food processor and pulse until a fine texture remains. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until a thick paste remains.
Chill the mixture: Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover it, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, to firm up.
Roll into balls: Once firm, use a cookie scoop to scoop out portions of the mixture then roll them into balls.
Expert tips for success
- Using a food processor or blender ensures the mixture is fully combined and holds their shape better. Only use a mixing bowl as a last resort.
- Allow at least 30 minutes of refrigeration time for the fat bomb to firm up nicely. If possible, let them chill overnight.
- Roll the balls in some granulated sweetener for the best texture.
Dietary swaps and substitutions-
- Use different nuts– Cashews, peanuts, and macadamia nuts are all other low carb nuts to try.
- Use a nut or seed butter– Swap the almond butter for peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Make it nut free– Swap out the almond butter for tahini and use seeds (like pepitas and sunflower seeds) instead of the raw nuts.
- Add a liquid sweetener– Switch out the granulated sweetener for a liquid one, like keto maple syrup or keto honey.
- Add cocoa powder or chocolate chips– For a chocolate flavor, add some cocoa powder and fold through some sugar free chocolate chips.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Fat bombs should always be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container. They will keep well for at least two weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto fat bomb recipes to try
- Cookie dough fat bombs
- Chocolate coconut fat bombs
- Banana fat bombs
- Chocolate fat bombs
- Almond joy fat bombs
Frequently Asked Questions
Keto fat bombs have a high-fat content that keeps you satisfied between meals.
Fat bombs are great snacks between meals but also work as a healthy dessert.
While they are higher in fat than other snacks, fat bombs are mostly sugar-free and very low in carbs and have NO refined carbohydrates. They keep blood sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied for longer.
Keto Fat Bombs (10 flavors!)
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your pecans and almonds and blend well, until a crumbly texture remains.
- Add your almond butter, sweetener and chia seeds and continue to blend, until completely combined. Regularly scrape down the sides. Add in your milk of choice and blend again. If the batter is too crumbly, add extra milk.
- Transfer your dough into a mixing bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and using either a cookie scoop or your hands, form 12 balls and place on a lined plate or shallow container.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.