This 3 ingredient fudge is an easy chocolate dessert that takes seconds to make! No butter, no dairy, and no powdered sugar needed, it melts in your mouth!
3 Ingredient Fudge
I dare you to find someone who does not adore fudge. It’s so rich and creamy and something you could easily polish off in one go. While there are many varieties out there, this three ingredient version has to be my absolute favorite.
Why this easy chocolate fudge recipe will have you mesmerized-
- Three ingredients! All you need to make this fudge is chocolate, condensed milk, and vanilla extract- That is it!
- One bowl. No multiple bowls or mixers needed- Just one microwave-safe bowl and from there you transfer it to the pan to set!
- Minimal prep. From the moment you enter the kitchen to make this, you’ll be done in under five minutes and that includes clean up!
The texture of this chocolate fudge ticks all the boxes. It’s soft, rich, and melts in your mouth. It’s sweet and full of chocolate flavor, with a subtle vanilla undertone throughout.
I had some friends come over for coffee the other day and I didn’t have any cakes or cookies on hand so I whipped up this fudge a mere hour before they arrived- They thought I had spent hours prepping it!
How do you make chocolate fudge?
- Chocolate– Use your favorite good quality baking chocolate (like Lindt or Guittard). Be sure to chop the chocolate into small pieces so they melt easier.
- Condensed milk– Either traditional condensed milk or coconut condensed milk. I used the latter, to keep it dairy free.
- Vanilla extract– Gives some lovely vanilla flavor throughout. Do NOT use imitation vanilla extract.
Start by adding the chocolate and condensed milk into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the mixture in 20-second spurts until the chocolate has melted. Add the vanilla extract and whisk everything together until smooth.
Now, pour the chocolate fudge mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Refrigerate the fudge for at least an hour to firm up.
FAQ + Tips to make the best recipe
What is the secret to making creamy fudge?
Like any good chocolate recipe, the key to the best results is using a good quality bar of chocolate. The same goes for this fudge- If your chocolate is naturally smooth and creamy, this will translate once it has been melted and whisked with the condensed milk.
Also, avoid using chocolate chips. They are designed to hold their shape and if melted in big batches, you risk them becoming quite thick and sturdy.
What does vanilla extract do for fudge?
Adding vanilla to chocolate fudge (or any chocolate dessert) gives a lovely subtle vanilla flavor throughout. It doesn’t actually make it vanilla flavored but enhances the chocolate.
Can I skip vanilla in fudge?
If you’d like to make fudge without vanilla extract, make 2 ingredient fudge instead.
Dietary and flavor variations
- Make it vegan (dairy free). I kept this fudge vegan by using vegan chocolate and coconut condensed milk.
- Make it gluten free. Be sure to use chocolate that is certified gluten free or produced in a facility without gluten or wheat.
- Add mix-ins. Take the fudge up a notch by adding some chopped nuts (walnuts and pecans) or dried fruits (cherries and cranberries go perfectly with chocolate).
- Use milk or white chocolate. I prefer using very dark chocolate (70% or higher) because it balances out the sweetness of the condensed milk. However, if you prefer a sweeter fudge or want to use different kinds of chocolate, swap it out for white chocolate or milk chocolate.
Storing and freezing three ingredient fudge
- To store: Fudge is best stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will keep well for at least a month, if not longer.
- To freeze: Place leftover fudge in a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More 3 ingredient dessert recipes to try
3 Ingredient Fudge (NO dairy!)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine your condensed milk with chocolate. Microwave in 20-second spurts until the chocolate is mostly melted. Add the vanilla extract and whisk together until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and refrigerate for at least an hour, to firm up. Once firm, slice into pieces.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.