These keto peanut butter Easter eggs are a low carb and sugar free twist on the famous Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. One bowl, and ready in 5 minutes!
An easy and healthy peanut butter eggs recipe which tastes just like Reese’s peanut butter cups! This paleo vegan recipe needs just 4 ingredients- A smooth peanut butter egg filling dipped in chocolate. Keto, Sugar Free, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
When it comes to flavored Easter chocolate and candy, I can never turn down Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.
As a lover of peanut butter, I favor the eggs to the classic peanut butter cup, purely because of their peanut butter to chocolate ratio.
When I was working on my first cookbook, I developed a fool-proof recipe for homemade peanut butter cups. This was mainly based on the fact that the classic, store-bought peanut butter cups were not dietary friendly. With the Easter season upon us, I thought it was time to do a little tweak on my favorite cookbook recipe.
Paleo and Gluten-Free Easter Chocolate or even Vegan and Dairy Free Easter eggs are quite hard to find on the market. Impossible? No. However, it wouldn’t be the easiest feat.
What is worse, is that keto Easter eggs are near impossible.
Well, there was only one solution- Get busy in the kitchen!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs but with a twist- A healthy, easy and fool-proof version which is homemade.
How many Calories are in peanut butter eggs?
Dove peanut butter eggs and Reese’s peanut butter eggs both have the same nutritional content and calories.
Reese’s peanut butter eggs contain 170 calories, 10 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbs (16 grams of which are sugar!) and 4 grams of protein.
Homemade peanut butter eggs contain a mere 99 calories, 4 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs (NO sugar and 3 grams of fiber!) and 7 grams of healthy fats.
How to make keto peanut butter Easter Eggs
As mentioned earlier, you literally need just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make these homemade keto Easter eggs.
Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs Ingredients
- Smooth peanut butter – Drippy and creamy peanut butter with no added sugar. I love the sweet and salty combination, so use salted peanut butter.
- Keto maple syrup – A sugar free maple syrup alternative. It gives sweetness, and helps make the eggs have a creamy filling.
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Chocolate Chips I used stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, but any will work.
Instructions for making homemade peanut butter Easter eggs
Making homemade Keto Peanut Butter eggs follows a simple 4-step process.
Step 1: Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and mix well. If the batter is too thick, add some liquid (coconut milk or milk of choice) until a thick batter remains. If the batter is too thin, add extra coconut flour.
Step 3: Slightly wet your hands. Form 20 small balls with it. Shape each ball in a small egg shape and place on the lined plate. Refrigerate.
Step 4: Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Remove chilled peanut butter eggs and using two forks, dip each egg in the melted chocolate until completely covered. Place back on the lined plate/tray and refrigerate until chocolate has firmed up.
How do you coat peanut butter eggs easily
I simply melt my chocolate and use a large soup spoon and a fork. I place the peanut butter egg on the spoon, dip it completely in the melted chocolate before switching to the fork to place onto a lined plate.
Alternatively, you can use a candy scoop, but I found those to make an absolute mess in the end.
Peanut Butter Substitutions
Keep this recipe 100% nut-free and peanut-free (and paleo!) with substitutions for peanut butter.
Storing homemade peanut butter eggs
Peanut butter eggs can keep at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 1 week.
Storing them in the refrigerator is best, and these will keep for up to 4 weeks.
These are freezer friendly and will keep well frozen for up to 6 months.
More Keto Peanut Butter Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Keto Peanut Butter Easter Eggs (Vegan, Paleo)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your coconut flour, smooth peanut butter and sticky sweetener of choice and mix until combined. If you peanut butter is too stiff, melt it slightly beforehand.
- If the batter is too crumbly, add some liquid of choice, one tablespoon at a time until a thick, formable batter remains.
- Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper. Slightly wet your hands and form egg-shaped domes with the peanut butter mixture. Repeat until all the dough is used up and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen, melt your chocolate chips of choice. Dip the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated. Place back on the parchment paper and refrigerate until firm.