An easy and healthy peanut butter eggs recipe which tastes just like Reese’s peanut butter cups! This paleo vegan recipe needs just 4 ingredients- A smooth peanut butter egg filling dipped in chocolate. Keto, Sugar Free, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
When it comes to flavored Easter chocolate and candy, I can never turn down Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs.
As a lover of peanut butter, I favor the eggs to the classic peanut butter cup, purely because of their peanut butter to chocolate ratio.
When I was working on my first cookbook, I developed a fool-proof recipe for homemade peanut butter cups. This was mainly based on the fact that the classic, store-bought peanut butter cups were not dietary friendly. With the Easter season upon us, I thought it was time to do a little tweak on my favorite cookbook recipe.
Paleo and Gluten-Free Easter Chocolate or even Vegan and Dairy Free Easter eggs are quite hard to find on the market. Impossible? No. However, it wouldn’t be the easiest feat.
Now, if we wanted dairy free peanut butter eggs and/or vegan peanut butter eggs? Well, there was only one solution- Get busy in the kitchen! Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs but with a twist- A healthy, easy and fool-proof version which is homemade.
Like with all my recipes, I wanted these to not only be quick, easy and simple but also use minimal ingredients. You literally only need four ingredients to make these chocolate covered peanut butter eggs, and none of those nasty ingredients you’d find in store-bought peanut butter eggs.
Not only are my homemade chocolate peanut butter eggs also gluten free, they are also tested to be ketogenic diet friendly! This means that these homemade healthy Easter candies are also naturally sugar free and low carb!
How do you make peanut butter eggs?
It’s a simple 3-step process in making peanut butter eggs, which is the main attraction in this healthy Easter chocolate recipe.
- Make your peanut butter eggs by combining coconut flour, smooth peanut butter and a sticky sweetener of choice (see below for peanut-free options!)
- Once a dough is formed, roll into small balls and shape them into an egg shape
- Freeze until firm enough to dip into the chocolate
How do you dip peanut butter eggs in chocolate?
I simply melt my chocolate and use a large soup spoon and a fork. I place the peanut butter egg on the spoon, dip it completely in the melted chocolate before switching to the fork to place onto a lined plate.
Alternatively, you can use a candy scoop, but I found those to make an absolute mess in the end.
How to make this recipe peanut-free and paleo friendly?
Before the Paleo and keto police come chasing after me, this peanut butter eggs recipe has bee tested to be paleo and keto friendly. Can we say….Almond Butter Chocolate eggs or Peanut Free Chocolate Eggs?
TIP! Ensure your nut or seed butter of choice is smooth. If it is a little firm, melt it with your sticky sweetener of choice to ensure no lumps remain.
How many Calories are in a homemade peanut butter egg?
We can also add in how many calories are there in a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Egg?
Mini eggs- There are 90 calories in a Reese’s Mini Egg, which would be the equivalent to half or a third of one of my homemade peanut butter eggs.
My homemade peanut butter eggs- There are 99 calories in my homemade paleo vegan peanut butter eggs recipe. Barely any carbs and packed with fiber and protein!
If you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Peanut Butter Eggs, you’ll adore this homemade Paleo Vegan version of them!
Need a little more convincing to make these 4 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs aka healthy Reese’s Eggs? Okay, if you say so!
- Needs just 4 Ingredients
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- A smooth and creamy peanut butter center
- Refined Sugar-Free and 100% Sugar-Free option
- Paleo AND Vegan-friendly
- Ketogenic AND gluten-free
- Naturally low carb and high protein
- Dairy Free AND a nut-free option
- Peanut-Free option
- The ultimate Paleo Vegan and Gluten Free Easter chocolate!
More delicious keto, paleo and vegan chocolate peanut butter recipes? Gotcha Covered!
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Bars
SHARE YOUR RE-CREATION AND TAG #THEBIGMANSWORLD AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIPE ON THEBIGMANSWORLD FACEBOOK PAGE!
Healthy Paleo Vegan Peanut Butter Eggs (Keto, Sugar Free)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your coconut flour, smooth peanut butter and sticky sweetener of choice and mix until combined. If you peanut butter is too stiff, melt it slightly beforehand.
- If the batter is too crumbly, add some liquid of choice, one tablespoon at a time until a thick, formable batter remains.
- Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper. Slightly wet your hands and form egg-shaped domes with the peanut butter mixture. Repeat until all the dough is used up and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen, melt your chocolate chips of choice. Dip the peanut butter eggs into the chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated. Place back on the parchment paper and refrigerate until firm.
© thebigmansworld.com ® All content, recipes, and images are legally protected by copywrite. Please do not use my images or recipes without permission. Please contact Arman if you need further clarification.