Soft, chewy and ready in just 12 minutes, these foolproof flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a winner! No fancy mixers needed- just one bowl and 4 ingredients. Easily made without eggs and without sugar (if desired!)!
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is nothing better than a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie loaded with chocolate chips in every bite.
Unfortunately, many of you have told me that there are huge shortages of flour, yeast, and other basic pantry staples.
However, some of you have told me you can’t find oats either, so I’m here to cover your bases, with these Flourless Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies!
The Cookie for ALL the diets!
Made without flour, without grains, and without dairy, every single ingredient is EASY to find at supermarkets! Better still, you probably have every single ingredient right this second!
Naturally gluten-free and paleo, these addictive cookies can also be easily made keto (low carb!).
I’ve also tested it to see if it can work without eggs, so my vegan friends don’t miss out!
Texture-wise, it’s soft, chewy, and melts in your mouth (seriously!).
In terms of taste, it’s sweet, flavored with peanut butter and with mouthfuls of chocolate chips. If you love the sweet and salty flavor, you’ll be obsessed!
How do you make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from scratch without flour?
Made with just 4 ingredients, uses just 1 bowl and ready in 12 minutes, these cookies are foolproof and simple to make!
- Peanut Butter– Smooth and drippy peanut butter is necessary- don’t try and use crunchy or it won’t mix well. I used salted peanut butter, as I love the sweet and salty combination, but you can use regular peanut butter if you aren’t a fan.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– Brown sugar, white sugar, coconut palm sugar and sugar-free sweeteners all work (like monk fruit, swerve and erythritol). I used this keto brown sugar blend, hence the darker color. If you use white sugar/monk fruit sweetener, your cookies will be lighter in color.
- Egg– Room temperature egg is best, and tends to help with the cookies avoiding spreading too much
- Chocolate Chips– Any chocolate chips work! If you follow a vegan or paleo diet, I recommend these dairy-free chocolate chips. Want to keep these cookies sugar free and keto? I recommend these stevia-sweetened chocolate chips.
No fancy gadgets or kitchen mixers needed- Just one bowl!
In a large mixing bowl, add your peanut butter, sweetener, and egg and mix well, until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your chocolate chips, reserving a few to top the cookies with.
Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Lightly wet your hands, then form 12 balls of dough. Place the balls of dough on the lined tray, and lightly press each one into a thick, cookie shape. Top with extra chocolate chips.
Bake the cookies for around 10-12 minutes, in a preheated oven (at 180C/350F). Remove the cookies once the edges begin to brown, and allow to cool on the tray completely.
Dietary Swaps and Substitutions
Can I make these without eggs?
Yes! These cookies can easily be made vegan and eggless.
Instead of using 1 large egg, you can use ground chia seed. Unlike many vegan recipes, you don’t need to prepare it as an egg substitute (like a chia egg), but just add it into the cookie dough as it is. Start by using 3 tablespoons, and if the dough is too thin, add one more, for a total of 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup).
I’m allergic to nuts…what can I use?
Easily make these flourless cookies nut-free, by substituting the peanut butter with either smooth sunflower seed butter or smooth tahini.
Be sure that both are unsweetened and are creamy/drippy in texture.
The peanut butter is overpowering! What can I use instead?
If you aren’t a diehard peanut butter fan like me, you may find the peanut butter flavor to be overpowering.
Not to worry- You can easily substitute the peanut butter for either almond butter or cashew butter.
Like the peanut butter, it must be smooth and drippy.
Can I pre-make the dough?
If you want to make the cookie dough but don’t want to bake them straight away, wrap the bowl with plastic or saran wrap and place it in the fridge.
Chilled cookie dough can be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days. Be sure to let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
Can I freeze the dough?
I’ve tried freezing this cookie dough before, and it can be frozen.
However, if you follow the vegan option (using the chia egg), it is not suitable for freezing as it crumbles when it is thawed to room temperature.
Storing Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies can either be stored at room temperature in a sealed container, or in the fridge. Be sure to let the cookies be cooled beforehand.
How long do the cookies last?
Cookies will keep fresh for up to 7 days (room temperature) or up to 2 weeks (refrigerated).
Honestly, they will keep even longer refrigerated, but no one will let these cookies last THAT long!
Can I freeze these cookies?
Cookies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer to enjoy at a later stage!
Wrap cookies in parchment paper and place them in ziplock bags individually, or all together in one bigger ziplock bag.
Frozen cookies will keep well frozen for up to 6 months.
How do I thaw the cookies?
Thaw them either by microwaving them for 30-40 seconds directly from the freezer, or allowing to thaw at room temperature, until no longer frozen!
Tips and Tricks for PERFECT flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Do not overmix the dough, otherwise once baked, they become more fragile.
- Use a mix of chocolate chips and chopped chocolate pieces, to ensure every bite has some chocolate in it!
- If you prefer thicker/chunky cookies, refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- To avoid your cookies spreading, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and also chill the dough.
- Do not overbake the cookies, even if they seem under-baked; the cookies continue to cook as they are cooling down.
- Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with something else, like chopped nuts, dried fruit or coconut.
More delicious Cookies you’ll love
- Cashew Butter Cookies
- Almond Butter Cookies (3 ingredients!)
- Peanut Butter Cookies (3 Ingredients!)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (4 Ingredients!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your peanut butter, sweetener and egg and mix well, until just combined. Fold through your chocolate chips, reserving a few to top the cookies with.
- Using your hands, form 12 balls of dough and place them on the lined tray. Press each ball into a slight cookie shape, topping each one with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until just golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray completely.