Crispy peanut butter cookies are made with crunchy peanut butter and topped with roasted peanuts! No chilling needed and made in one bowl, these 4 ingredient crunchy peanut butter cookies are the perfect cookie for peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter cookies are a classic, and as someone who loves plenty of texture, these crispy and crunchy version of them are my absolute favorite. While these cookies are still slightly soft and chewy, they also have the added crunch for the chopped peanuts. The thinner cookie also yields even crispier edges.
These cookies are pretty much a taste and texture lovers’ dream!
How do you make crunchy peanut butter cookies
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter, with no added sugar. Don’t be tempted to use crunchy peanut butter, as the cookie dough will be very hard to form. The crunch will be added with the roasted peanuts.
- Eggs– Be sure that the eggs you use are room temperature, so it doesn’t chill the peanut butter and make it harder to make into a cookie dough.
- Sugar of choice– Any granulated sweetener can be used. Coconut sugar and light brown sugar are great, but if you only have white sugar, that can be used too.
- Roasted Peanuts– Dry roasted peanuts to top the cookies with, and to fold into the dough. You want the peanuts to be chopped finely, for the best texture.
Start by mixing together your peanut butter, eggs, and sugar, until combined. Fold through half the chopped peanuts using a rubber spatula. You’ll then form 12 balls of dough and roll each one in extra chopped peanuts. Place the balls of dough onto a cookie sheet or baking sheet, and press each ball into a thick, cookie shape. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until the edges have crisped up and are brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet completely.
Can I make these cookies without eggs?
If you’d like these cookies to be made vegan, you can substitute the eggs with the following options-
- Flax egg– Combine 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water and let sit for 10 minutes, for a gel to form.
- Chia egg– Mix together 1 tablespoon ground chia seed with 3 tablespoons water. Cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes, to firm up.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter?
I don’t recommend using crunchy peanut butter, especially if you use an all natural brand.
The only crunchy peanut butter that would work is the more generic brands, that contain added fillers and preservatives that make them spreadable. You can use that if you choose to.
Are these keto cookies?
If you use a sugar free sweetener, like monk fruit or erythritol, these cookies will be keto friendly.
Alternatively, you may enjoy making keto peanut butter cookies.
Tips to make the best crunchy peanut butter cookies
- Do not overbake the cookies, as the cookies continue to cook significantly while they cool down.
- If you’d like thicker cookies, chill the dough for 2 hours prior to baking them.
- Feel free to fold through some chocolate chips or chocolate chunks into the batter, for an added chocolate boost.
- For a sweet and salty cookie flavor, use a peanut butter that has some added salt in it. Alternatively, add 1/4 teaspoon salt or sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt.
Storing and Freezing Cookies
- To store: Cookies will keep well at room temperature, in a sealed container. They will remain fresh for up to 2 weeks. If you’d like to keep them longer, refrigerate them.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a freezer friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More Delicious Cookie recipes
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Marshmallow Cookies
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar of choice * See notes
- 1 large egg ** See notes
- 1 cup salted peanuts chopped roughly
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except or the chopped peanuts. Mix well. Gently fold through half the peanuts.
- Form 12 balls of dough. Roll each ball in the chopped peanuts mixture, and transfer to the lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges go golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking sheet completely.