These 2 ingredient peanut butter cookies will be your go-to cookie when those cravings strike! No eggs, no flour, no leavening agents, and no milk needed, they simply melt in your mouth!
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
It’s no secret that I love a good peanut butter cookie. I’ve made keto peanut butter cookies, vegan peanut butter cookies, and now these two ingredient peanut butter cookies.
Here’s why these 2 ingredient cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe-
- Minimal ingredients. The name doesn’t deceive you, these cookies only need two ingredients.
- No mixers. And no fancy kitchen gadgets are needed. All you need is one bowl and a wooden spoon and that’s it.
- Loaded with peanut butter. This is the kind of cookie designed for peanut butter lovers.
Now, these cookies aren’t your classic peanut butter cookies. They have no eggs, no flour, and no leavening agents in them. Because of this, their texture is soft, crumbly, and melts in your mouth. They are pleasantly sweet but have a full-throttle peanut butter flavor throughout.
I sent this recipe to a few of my friends to try out and they could NOT believe they needed just two ingredients- Their cookie game has been changed!
How do you make two ingredient peanut butter cookies?
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter with no added sugar. I enjoy using mainstream brands like Jiff’s or Skippy’s creamy peanut butter.
- Maple syrup– Thickens the peanut butter to create a dough. It also adds sweetness. You can also use honey or golden syrup. Avoid using sugar free syrups, unless it’s a homemade keto maple syrup.
Start by adding your peanut butter and syrup into a mixing bowl and mix very well, until combined. Cover the bowl and freeze for 45 minutes or refrigerate for 2 hours.
Now, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, roll out balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180C/350F for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges look firm. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely, before using a spatula to remove them from the pan.
Tips to make the best 2 ingredient cookies
- As these cookies have no leavening agents, flour, or eggs, the dough will be very sticky. Refrigerating it thickens it and make sit much easier to work with.
- The cookies must cool to room temperature completely. If you try to move them or pick them while they are still warm, they will crumble and fall apart.
- Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt to really bring out the sweet and salty flavors.
Storing and freezing tips
- To store: Cookies will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 1 week. If you’d like them to keep longer, cover them and place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover cookies in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Avoid using a ziplock bag as they are prone to breaking apart.
More 2 ingredient recipes to try
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup * See notes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your peanut butter with maple syrup until combined. Cover the bowl and freeze for 45 minutes or refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the freezer or fridge. Using your hands, roll out balls of dough and place them onto the parchment paper. Press down on each cookie dough ball into a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges look golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely, before carefully removing from the baking sheet.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
omg these are so Delicious
No lie when you say it’s delicious not tension east. Thank you
yummy :P.love it,but now i have to buy more peanut butter.