These 2 ingredient peanut butter cookies will be your go-to cookie when those cravings strike! No eggs, no flour, no leavening agents, and no milk needed, they simply melt in your mouth!
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Here’s why these 2 ingredient cookies will be your new go-to cookie recipe-
- Minimal ingredients. The name doesn’t deceive you, these cookies only need two ingredients.
- No mixers. And no fancy kitchen gadgets are needed. All you need is one bowl and a wooden spoon and that’s it.
- Loaded with peanut butter. This is the kind of cookie designed for peanut butter lovers.
Now, these cookies aren’t your classic peanut butter cookies. They have no eggs, no flour, and no leavening agents in them. Because of this, their texture is soft, crumbly, and melts in your mouth. They are pleasantly sweet but have a full-throttle peanut butter flavor throughout.
I sent this recipe to a few of my friends to try out and they could NOT believe they needed just two ingredients- Their cookie game has been changed!
How do you make two ingredient peanut butter cookies?
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter with no added sugar. I like using mainstream brands like Jif’s or Skippy’s creamy peanut butter.
- Sweetener of choice– Brown sugar, coconut sugar, or keto brown sugar.
Start by adding your peanut butter and sweetener into a mixing bowl and mix very well, until combined. Cover the bowl and freeze for 45 minutes or refrigerate for 2 hours.
Now, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a large spoon, scoop out portions of the dough onto the lined baking sheet. Use the back of the spoon to shape the dough into a cookie shape. Place in a preheated oven and bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely, before using a spatula to remove them from the pan.
Tips to make the best 2 ingredient cookies
- As these cookies have no leavening agents, flour, or eggs, the dough will be very sticky. It will be difficult to shape the dough into balls, so shape them into cookie shapes before baking them.
- The cookies must cool to room temperature completely. If you try to move them or pick them while they are still warm, they will crumble and fall apart.
- Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt to really bring out the sweet and salty flavors.
Storing and freezing tips
- To store: Cookies will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 1 week. If you’d like them to keep longer, cover them and place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- To freeze: Place leftover cookies in a shallow container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Avoid using a ziplock bag as they are prone to breaking apart.
More 2 ingredient recipes to try
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar * See notes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your peanut butter with brown sugar until combined. Cover the bowl and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough from the freezer. Using a spoon, scoop out portions of the dough and place them onto the parchment paper. Use the back of the spoon to shape the dough into cookie shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 17-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely, before carefully removing from the baking sheet.