These keto cream cheese cookies are so chewy, gooey, and soft, you won’t believe it is low carb! Made with 5 simple ingredients, they are a simple and delicious cookie that is sure to impress! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Cream Cheese Cookies
Over the past few weeks, I’ve found myself craving something sweet in the afternoon. I’m not generally a snacker, but with the longer days (I’ve been getting up at 5.30 am!), the afternoon pick me up has become a bit of a necessity. I try to keep my snacks on the healthier side but sometimes you need something that would pair well with coffee. While some people lean towards some cake or a muffin, I’m happy with a good cookie.
One of my all time favorite cookies is the humble peanut butter cookie. It’s a classic that I’ve grown up with, and continue to make to this day. I love trying out variations of it, like making them with almond flour, a coconut flour version, and even one with oatmeal. However, my current obsession is making them with cream cheese!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto cream cheese cookies recipe for quite some time. It’s taken my humble cookie to another level, and I’ve even got my friends hooked on it. It needs just 5 main ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make.
No sugar, no flour, and no grains are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is soft and gooey in the middle, with crispy edges. They are sweet and with a hint of tang from the cream cheese, without being overpowering!
I had some friends over for coffee the other day and served these cookies to them and NO ONE believed me when I told them they had cream cheese and were low carb- They thought these were bakery cookies!
How do you make peanut butter cookies with cream cheese?
- Cream cheese– Softened to room temperature. Dairy free cream cheese can also be used.
- Peanut butter– Smooth and creamy peanut butter, with no added sugar.
- Granulated sweetener– I used swerve brown sugar, but monk fruit sweetener and erythritol can also be used.
- Baking soda– Helps the cookies from overspreading.
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs are best.
- Vanilla extract– Optional, but highly recommended for any good cookie recipe!
Start by mixing together all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined. Next, use a cookie scoop to scoop out heaping two-tablespoon portions of the dough and place on a lined baking sheet.
Now, bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan completely.
Tips to make the best low carb cream cheese cookies
- If you’d like thicker cookies, you can chill the dough for 45 minutes before baking them.
- Do not overbake the cookies, as they continue to firm up while they are cooling down.
- Avoid using low fat or reduced fat cream cheese, or your cookie dough will be super soft and lose stability once baked.
- Feel free to add some chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the dough.
Storing and freezing cream cheese keto cookies
- To store: Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 5 days. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto cookie recipes for you try
Keto Cream Cheese Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all your ingredients and mix well, until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a large spoon, scoop out heaping 2 tablespoon portions of the cookie dough and place them on the lined tray. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan completely.