These cream cheese cookies are so chewy, gooey, and made with just 5 simple ingredients! Made in just one bowl, they take minutes to make!
Ever tried making cookies with some unique ingredients? We do that often here.
We’ve tried using alternative flours (like almond and coconut) and not using any sugar at all (like in keto chocolate chip cookies). However, to change up your cookie game, add cream cheese to the batter and make cream cheese cookies!
Why this recipe works
- No flour. Just like peanut butter cookies and almond butter cookies, these are flourless, but you’d never tell.
- Just 5 ingredients. Count them yourself; and they are simple ones at that.
- No chilling required. Most cookie recipes require some chill time but not these ones!
What we love about this recipe is just how fast they are to make! From prep to plate, they come together in under 15 minutes!
- Cream cheese. Softened to room temperature. Dairy free cream cheese can also be used.
- Peanut butter. Smooth peanut butter, with no added sugar.
- Sugar of choice. I like using brown sugar, but white or raw sugar works.
- Baking soda. Helps the cookies from overspreading.
- Eggs. room temperature eggs are best.
- Vanilla extract. Optional, but highly recommended for any good cookie recipe!
Start by mixing all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined. Next, use a cookie scoop to scoop out heaping two-tablespoon portions of the dough and place on a lined baking sheet.
Now, bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan completely.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If you’d like thicker cookies, you can chill the dough for 45 minutes before baking them.
- Do not over-bake the cookies, as they continue to firm up while they are cooling down.
- Avoid using low fat or reduced fat cream cheese, or your cookie dough will be super soft and lose stability once baked.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
The beauty of these cookies is just how easy they are to customize to a plethora of diets out there. Here are some tested options:
- Cut the carbs. For a keto cookie option, replace the sugar with either a brown sugar substitute or allulose.
- Make it eggless. If you follow a vegan or egg free diet, try using an egg substitute.
- Add some mix-ins. While delicious on their own, fold through some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of chocolate.
- Make it dairy free. This works just as well with dairy free cream cheese.
- To store: Leftover cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 5 days. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Place cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, these cookies don’t need to be refrigerated as the cream cheese acts like a fat element (like butter).
Cream cheese from a block is the best option as it does not contain added water or fillers.
Cream Cheese Cookies (5 Ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all your ingredients and mix well, until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a large spoon, scoop out heaping 2 tablespoon portions of the cookie dough and place them on the lined tray. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan completely.