This oreo cheesecake is a rich and creamy no bake dessert recipe that comes together in minutes!
While we love our homemade Oreos, nothing beats using the packaged kind to use in desserts.
If you’ve tried our oreo mug cake or oreo brownies before, you’ll no doubt adore this no bake Oreo cheesecake.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this no bake Oreo cheesecake recipe
- 5 ingredients. Thanks to the Oreo cookies in the crust and the cheesecake itself, this dessert needs just a handful of ingredients and no eggs or sour cream!
- No baking. Unlike classic cheesecake recipes, the oven is completely ignored! No water bath, to fear of cracks, and no roasting pan needed.
- Perfect texture. Like our raspberry or biscoff cheesecake, this one is rich, creamy, and melt-in-your-mouth perfection.
- Quick and easy. Besides some beating of the filling and prepping the crust, there isn’t much else that goes into this dessert.
How to make an Oreo cheesecake
- Oreo crust– A combination of crushed Oreos (crumbs) and melted butter will yield the cookie crust.
- Heavy cream– You can also use heavy whipping cream for this recipe.
- Cream cheese– You must use full-fat cream cheese that has been softened to room temperature.
- Sugar. I like using white sugar, but for a smoother filling, you can use a mix of powdered sugar too.
- Oreo cookies. Either classic Oreos or any chocolate sandwich cookies of choice.
1. Make the crust. Stir the crushed Oreos with melted butter together, then transfer to a 9-inch pan, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
2. Blend Oreos. Next, blend up the Oreo cookies to use in the cheesecake and set those aside.
3. Make the filling. In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add your cream cheese and sweetener and beat until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your crushed cookies.
4. Assemble the cheesecake. Pour your cheesecake filling over the chocolate pie crust. Cover with chopped Oreos, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Tips for the best Oreo cheesecake
- Use quality ingredients: Opt for genuine Oreo cookies, fresh cream, and a good quality cream cheese to ensure a rich and delicious flavor.
- Crush the Oreos properly: You want there to be no chunks or large bits of cookies. Ideally, as close to a flour-like consistency as possible.
- Chill the crust: If you have time, refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before adding the filling. This will make it even more sturdy.
- Use room temperature cream cheese: Ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature before beating it to a smooth consistency. This will prevent lumps in the filling. Beat it until it’s creamy and fluffy.
- Add a topping. Take this dessert up a notch by adding a chocolate ganache over the oreo cheesecake filling or any whipped cream topping of choice.
To store: Cheesecake should always be stored in the refrigerator, in a sealed container or covered with plastic. The cheesecake will keep well for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: Freeze leftover portions of the cheesecake by placing them in a freezer-friendly container, and storing them for up to 6 months. Thaw the cheesecake overnight in the fridge before enjoying it.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Stand mixer. With a paddle attachment to make the creamy cheesecake filling.
- Food processor. To crush up the Oreo cookies into a fine crumb.
- Rolling pin. No food processor? Add the cookies to a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them!
More cheesecake recipes to try
- Strawberry cheesecake
- Cherry cheesecake
- Peach cheesecake
- Mango cheesecake
- Lemon cheesecake
- Coconut cheesecake
Frequently asked questions
No this is not a baked cheesecake recipe. The oven is not needed.
it’s not recommended to use lower fat options for the cream cheese as the oreo cheesecake filling will be too fragile to set.
When made with plant based double cream and vegan cream cheese, this recipe will be vegan friendly.
Swap out the Oreos for Gluten-Free Oreos and this recipe will be suitable for celiacs.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Combine the crushed Oreo cookies with melted butter and mix until combined. Transfer to an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the separate Oreos until a fine texture remains.
- In a mixing bowl, beat your double cream until stiff peaks form. Add your cream cheese and caster sugar and beat until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through the crushed Oreos until combined.
- Transfer the Oreo cheesecake mixture onto the chocolate crust. Cover with more crushed cookies and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.