This 90 second keto bread is a quick and easy breakfast or snack that happens to be low carb! Perfect to add your favorite toppings to, it toasts beautifully and is easily customizable! 3 grams net carbs per serving.
90 Second Keto Bread
The hardest part about starting a low carb diet was giving up my daily staples. I didn’t have much of a varied diet and would stick to what was easy, relatively healthy, and delicious. While my dinners and lunches would have some variety, my breakfast was always the same- Toast with peanut butter or Nutella.
Now, bread is obviously a big no-no on a keto diet. Actually, let me rephrase that. Wheat-based bread is a big no-no, and while grocery stores do have low carb bread, they are expensive, dry, and have a very odd flavor. Luckily, I’ve been changing up my breakfasts more now, and rarely crave anything bread-related. However, there are some days I want some peanut butter toast, and when those times arise, I make my 90 second bread.
I’ve been meaning to share a 90 second keto bread recipe for quite some time. It’s perfect when the bread cravings strike and I don’t feel like making an entire loaf of bread or some rolls. Now, this bread may look incredibly fancy, but I promise you, it is such a foolproof recipe.
No grains and no yeast are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is soft and fluffy in the middle, and tender on the outside. It tastes like any simple bread, especially when toasted.
A friend of mine has recently gone keto and he’s been missing bread like crazy so I shared this recipe with him and he could NOT believe it was low carb- He’s been using it for sandwiches, toasties, and more!
How do you make a 90 second keto bread?
- Almond flour– Blanched almond flour is preferred over almond meal. The former has a very fine texture and yields a gorgeous light crumb.
- Coconut flour– Works with the almond flour to give the bread a softer and fluffier center. Only a little coconut flour will be used, to ensure the bread doesn’t dry out.
- Baking powder– Helps the bread rise when microwaved.
- Salt– Just a pinch of salt to balance out the other ingredients.
- Egg– Room temperature egg.
- Milk– I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any milk can be used.
- Oil– I used olive oil, but any neutral flavored oil can be used.
Start by adding your dry ingredients into a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together, until a thick batter remains. Next, grease a ceramic bowl or mug and pour your batter into it. Microwave for 90 seconds, and let the bread sit for a minute. Remove from the bowl and slice into half. Toast the two pieces of bread, before adding your favorite toppings on top.
Can I make this in an oven?
Yes, if you don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one, you can make this in the oven or the air fryer.
- Oven instructions– Pour the batter into an oven-safe ramekin or dish and bake at 180C/350F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and invert onto a plate, before slicing in half.
- Air fryer instructions– Pour the batter into an air fryer baking dish and cook at 200C/400F for 5-6 minutes.
Tips to make the best 90 second bread
- Microwave makes and models differ. Mine has an 800 wattage, and 90 seconds is perfect. If yours is more powerful, reduce the microwaving time by 20 seconds.
- Toasting the bread once it has been microwaved is highly recommended. It crisps the edges and gives it a gorgeous golden brown exterior, while still being fluffy in the middle.
- Feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices, or even some shredded cheese.
- Keep things simple by simply adding some homemade almond butter and keto jam.
Storing and freezing keto 90 second bread
- To store: Place the untoasted and sliced bread in a ziplock bag and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, be sure to toast first.
- To freeze: Place the bread in a shallow container or ziplock bag and store the bread in the freezer for up to 6 months. Let it thaw completely before toasting.
More keto bread recipes to try
90 Second Keto Bread
- Grease a microwave-safe bowl or ramekin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together, until a thick batter remains.
- Transfer the batter into the greased bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Remove from the microwave and invert onto a chopping board or plate before slicing in half.
- Place your bread in a toaster, before adding your favorite toppings.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.