These air fryer pork chops are the BEST way to cook pork! Juicy, tender, and ready in under 10 minutes, you’ll never cook boneless pork chops any other way again!
For all those times you’ve made pork chops and feared they will turn out dry or chewy, fear not. Using the air fryer to cook them will transform the way you cook pork from now on.
Air frying meat and seafood has been an absolute game changer. It guarantees perfectly cooked protein every single time, and it is fast! We’ve seen fabulous results using this magical gadget with chicken breasts, salmon, and even steak, and now, we love using it to make pork chops.
Table of Contents
Pork chops in 10 minutes
While I adore pork chops cooked in an instant pot or sous vide cooker (or stuffed!), using the air fryer is a surefire way for me to have a fast weeknight dinner. While these chops are air frying, there’s enough time to whip up a quick salad and sautee some potatoes, and voila- dinner in no time!
- 3 Ingredients. Pork chops, oil, and spices are all that you’ll need (almost identical to pork belly!).
- BETTER than pan fried. While baked or pan-fried pork chops are delicious, air-fried ones are even better. Like air fryer pork tenderloin, there is just no comparison!
- Juicy and tender every time. Using thick pork chops and a touch of oil guarantees the pork is cooked perfectly every single time.
This recipe calls for simple pantry staples to season the pork. Besides that, there isn’t much else! Here is everything it calls for.
- Pork chops. Boneless and skin-off pork chops. Choose thicker cuts of pork as there is potential for the dry ones to overcook and dry out.
- Olive oil. Or any flavorful oil.
- Spice mix. Smoked paprika, cumin, and onion powder all give robust and smokey flavors.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to air fry pork chops
Cooking the chops is easy, and the air fryer does all the work. Because there is no marinating time needed, it really comes together quickly!
Step 1-Marinate the pork chops
Start by adding pork chops and olive oil to the bowl. Rub the olive oil all over the meat.
Add all the spices and coat the pork chops on both sides.
Step 2- Air fry the pork chops
Add the pork chops in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
Air fry the pork chops for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Best pork chops for air frying
The best pork chops to cook in the air fryer are thick, center-cut, boneless pork chops. The recommended thickness is between 1 ½ to 2 inches.
Using thick pork chops (as opposed to thinner ones) in the air fryer gives them a lovely seared exterior and juicy middle, which is what you’d expect from a well-cooked pork chop.
Air fryer pork chops cooking time
It will depend on the pork chops you choose for air frying, either boneless or bone-in. Here is a quick guide to give you an idea of how long it will take for pork chops to cook in the air fryer:
- Boneless pork chops- 8-12 minutes with flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Bone-in pork chops- 11-15 minutes with flipping halfway through the cooking time.
You can also check the internal temperature of pork chops. If the internal temperature is 145F, they are ready to serve.
- Don’t add all the pork chops at once if they crowd the air fryer basket. If your air fryer isn’t big enough to hold them all comfortably, cook the chops in batches.
- Use an instant thermometer to check the internal temperature to avoid overcooking the chops.
- Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. This will redistribute the juices all over the meat.
Simple sides are the best accompaniment to pork chops. If I could have it my way, I’d eat it with a heaping of mac and cheese, but here are some other options.
Vegetables are always a healthy choice, and you can whip some up in the air fryer while the pork is cooking, like brussels sprouts, sweet potato, or carrots.
Potatoes are a popular choice too, so perhaps some French fries, sweet potato fries, or if you have the time, scalloped potatoes.
You can also try some hearty salads, like an orzo, rice, or green goddess salad.
- To Store: Place leftovers in a shallow container and store them in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To Freeze: Once the pork is cooked and cooled, transfer them to a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the chops for 20-30 seconds or reheat them in a non-stick pan until hot.
More air fryer favorites you’ll enjoy
Depending on their size, thin pork chops will take 1-4 minutes per side to cook completely in the air fryer. Be very careful when cooking thin chops as they are prone to easily dry out.
Yes, raw pork chops are fine to put in the air fryer. Like with any kitchen utensil or gadget, always wash and clean the air fryer basket after using it.
If you overcook the pork chops or don’t flip them halfway through, they are prone to becoming tough and chewy. If you worry about the chops over-cooking, under-cook them then let them rest for 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Pork Chops In 9 Minutes
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/375F.
- Pat dry the boneless pork chops, then add into a bowl and rub the oil generously over them all.
- Mix the spices in a bowl, then rub on both sides of the pork.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the pork from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Could a chicken breast substitute the pork chop
I’m looking for an air fryer can you tell me the best one to get please
I love using my phillips air fryer 🙂
This worked great! I adjusted the time as I had thick bone-in pork chops. I cooked them for 19 min. great! So easy! Will make again. Thank you!
I have a mild early Dementia and can’t use regular flour, so your recipes seen to fit the menu for seniors