These air fryer pork chops are the BEST way to cook pork! Juicy, tender, and ready in under 10 minutes, you’ll never cook boneless pork chops any other way again!
For all those times you’ve made pork chops and fear they will turn out dry or chewy, fear not. Using the air fryer to cook them will transform the way you cook pork from now on.
Air frying meat and seafood has been an absolute game changer. It guarantees perfectly cooked protein every single time, and it is consistent. We’ve seen the fabulous results using this magical gadget with chicken breasts, salmon, and even steak, and now, we love using it to make pork chops.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 3 Ingredients. Pork chops, oil, and spices are all that you’ll need.
- BETTER than pan fried. While baked or pan-fried pork chops are delicious, air fried ones are even better. There is just no comparison!
- Juicy and tender every time. Using thick pork chops and a touch of oil guarentees the pork is cooked perfectly every single time.
- Ready in under 10 minutes. This is the easy and healthy dinner you can make in no time!
What we love about this recipe is just how fast it is. Like meatloaf, pork is a little cumbersome to cook, but, just like pork tenderloin, the air fryer completely changes it!
You’ll love the simple ingredient list to make these pork chops. You probably have everything in your pantry to season it so all you will need is some fresh chops. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pork chops- Boneless and skin-off pork chops. Choose thicker cuts of pork as there is potential for the dry ones to overcook and dry out.
- Olive oil- Or any flavorful oil.
- Spice mix– Smoked paprika, cumin, and onion powder all give robust and smokey flavors.
- Salt and pepper- To taste.
How to make pork chops in the air fryer?
Cooking the chops is easy, and the air fryer does all the work. Because there is no marinating time needed, it really comes together quickly!
Step 1-Marinate the pork chops
Start by adding pork chops and olive oil to the bowl. Rub the olive oil all over the meat. Add all the spices and coat the pork chops on both sides.
Step 2- preheat the air fryer
Next, preheat the air fryer (190C.375F) for 5 minutes.
Step 3- Air fry the pork chops
Add the pork chops in a single layer into the air fryer basket and cook for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve your pork with your favorite sides.
What are the best pork chops to use for air frying?
The best pork chops to cook in the air fryer are thick, center-cut, boneless pork chops. The recommended thickness is between 1 ½ to 2 inches.
Using thick pork chops (as opposed to thinner ones) in the air fryer gives them a lovely seared exterior and juicy middle, which is what you’d expect from a well-cooked pork chop.
How long to cook pork in the air fryer?
It will depend on the pork chops you choose for air frying, either boneless or bone-in. Here is a quick guide to give you an idea of how long it will take for pork chops to cook in the air fryer:
- Boneless pork chops- 8-12 minutes with flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Bone-in pork chops- 11-15 minutes with flipping halfway through the cooking time.
You can also check the internal temperature of pork chops. If the internal temperature is 145F, they are ready to serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t add all the pork chops at once if they crowd the air fryer basket. If your air fryer isn’t big enough to hold them all comfortably, cook the chops in batches.
- Use an instant thermometer to check the internal temperature to avoid overcooking the chops.
- Allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. This will redistribute the juices all over the meat.
What to serve with pork chops
Simple sides are the best accompaniment to pork chops. If I could have it my way, I’d eat it with a heaping of mac and cheese, but here are some other options-
- Vegetables- Air fried zucchini, air fryer brussels sprouts, or roasted cauliflower.
- Potatoes- A higher carb side, we love grilled sweet potatoes, sweet potato, scalloped potatoes, or air fryer baked potatoes.
- Greens- We love to keep it simple with broccoli, green beans, or some asparagus.
- Bread- Low carb options include tortillas, buns, and classic bread. Traditional options are garlic bread, low calorie bread, and low calorie wraps.
- To Store: Use air-tight containers to refrigerate pork chops. They will keep well for up to five days.
- To Freeze: Place leftovers in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to two months.
- Reheating: Either microwave the chops for 20-30 seconds or reheat in a non-stick pan until hot.
More air fryer recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on their size, thin pork chops will take 1-4 minutes per side to cook completely in the air fryer. Be very careful when cooking thin chops as they are prone to easily dry out.
Yes, raw pork chops are fine to put in the air fryer. Like with any kitchen utensil or gadget, always wash and clean the air fryer basket after using it.
If you overcook the pork chops or don’t flip them halfway through, they are prone to becoming tough and chewy. If you worry about the chops over-cooking, under-cook them then let them rest for 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Pork Chops | Cooks In Just 9 Minutes
- 4 medium pork chops boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teapoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/375F.
- Pat dry the boneless pork chops, then add into a bowl and rub the oil generously over them all.
- Mix the spices in a bowl, then rub on both sides of the pork.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the pork from the air fryer and serve immediately.