These vegan desserts are proof that you don’t need eggs, dairy, or cream to create something sinfully delicious! Cakes, brownies, cookies, and more, there is something for everyone!
Swapping out traditional desserts for vegan ones is easy and just as delicious.
As a society, we’ve been drifting away from consuming animal products in our meals. While our main meals are easy to tailor, desserts can be sometimes a little tricky. However, with a few smart swaps and stocking up on vegan pantry staple ingredients, you’ll love these vegan desserts even more than their original counterparts.
What is a good vegan dessert?
While all desserts are good and delicious, nothing beats a gooey and fudgy brownie. It’s easily one of the most delicious dairy free and egg free desserts, and tastes better than Betty Crocker. Here’s how to make it.
- All purpose flour– Also known as plain or white flour. Be sure to sift the flour very well, to ensure there are no clumps.
- Cocoa powder– Unsweetened cocoa powder. For a richer flavor, you can use dark cocoa powder.
- Baking powder– Gives the dessert some rise and depth.
- Salt– To bring out the sweetness of all the other ingredients.
- Vegan butter– Measured in its melted state. You must use a vegan butter from a block or stick, NOT a tub.
- Sugar– White sugar or raw white sugar.
- Non-dairy milk– I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk will work.
- Vanilla extract– A must for any good dessert!
- Vegan chocolate chips– Optional, but I love to stir through some vegan chocolate chips for the extra gooey texture.
In a small bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, and mix. In a mixing bowl, add the vegan butter and sugar and cream together until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract. Gently stir the dry ingredients until completely combined. If using chocolate chips, fold them through at the end.
Now, transfer the batter into a greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is firm, and a skewer comes out mostly clean. Remove the dessert from the oven and let them cool completely, before slicing and serving.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover desserts will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to three days. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place the leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to six months.
Vegan dessert recipes
These are the BEST vegan desserts and recipe ideas to try. We made every single recipe without eggs, without dairy, and with no animal derived products. You’ll find cakes, muffins, cookies, pies, no bake desserts and more. Now, just because your favorite dessert may be baked a little differently, don’t think these are any less superior- They’ve been made thousands of times and even non-vegans are obsessed with them!
Cakes and muffins
Brownies, Bars, and blondies
No bake desserts
Candy and chocolate
Cheesecakes, pies, and puddings
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you don’t follow a vegan diet, you can swap out the vegan subs for their original counterparts (e.g. butter instead of vegan butter).
Vegan desserts are easy to find at grocery stores (often in the refrigerated and freezer sections) and health food stores. Alternatively, you can find plenty of vegan desserts online.
While some vegans prefer not to consume honey, as it is derived from bees, others have no issues with including it as a natural sweetener.
Whether you enjoy standard desserts, keto desserts, or vegan desserts, they are something to be enjoyed occasionally and in moderation. They often contain higher amounts of fat, sugar, and calories.
50 Best Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well. In a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and cream together until fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gently stir through the dry ingredients until completely combined. Fold through the chocolate chips at the end. Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely, before slicing and serving.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.