Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream (Paleo, Gluten Free, 3 Ingredient, Dairy Free)- Thick, creamy and ridiculously easy, this 3 ingredient no churn vegan strawberry ice cream is a guilt-free sweet snack or dessert to enjoy anytime- No ice cream maker needed! Naturally sweetened and dairy free, it’s also paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free and low calorie!
I swear this month on blog world it’s smoothie/frozen concoction week– Ironic because of the weather in the northern hemisphere and the recent freeze they have suffered.
After my visits to the Best Gelato in Australia and trying out some epic Gelato flavours– I knew it was time to share my favourite go to creation which is a cross between a smoothie and ice cream- which fits in with this month’s Recipe Redux!
You all know I’m a big fan of the Sweet and Salty combination so of course- in ice cream form it is perfectly acceptable. Adding a hint of coconut thanks to the coconut butter and the Pièce de résistance- The addition of sea salt. This ingredient is a MUST.
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream (Paleo, Gluten Free, 3 Ingredient, Dairy Free)- Using just three ingredients, it’s ridiculously easy and fool-proof to whip up!
Before you scoff at this recipe and claim you don’t have an ice cream maker, this recipe is 100% made WITHOUT an ice-cream maker! In fact, I used my blender to make it and it created a dreamy, creamy and completely guilt-free ice cream. For those without a blender, this can be made in the food processor too! Please take note of the instructions, as there are some tips to ensure non-icy ice cream!
You’ll start with using chilled coconut milk from a can. Ensure it is full-fat, otherwise, it won’t work out. Once chilled, turn the can upside down and pour the liquid into a cup or mug and reserve it to be poured into the ice cream mixture after the cream- It will ensure the ice cream is creamier and the cream is well blended. What you’ll have left is the thick coconut cream, so throw that in the blender, followed by the coconut milk.
Secondly, you’ll need to whip out your frozen strawberries– Ensure you strawberries are frozen, otherwise it will result in relatively icy ice cream after it’s been frozen and slightly thawed. If possible, use cut up fresh strawberries or pre-packaged frozen pieces.
The final ingredient is the maple syrup. Before you roll your eyes and proclaim that it is ‘sugar’, you’ll only be using a half cup for the entire recipe. This will ensure a superbly sweet and dreamy ice cream. For those without maple syrup and aren’t strictly vegan, you can substitute it for honey, however, it is prominent in taste.
HACK! For ultra creamy and super silky ice cream, feel free to add a teaspoon of xantham gum. Xantham gum is a gluten-free thickener, but be warned- A tiny amount goes a very long way. Even accidentally adding a little extra will result in a wasted recipe!
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream (Paleo, Gluten Free, 3 Ingredient, Dairy Free)- A no churn dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth!
3 Ingredient No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup can sub for honey
- 1 tsp xantham gum optional
- Place a loaf pan in the freezer.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add your chilled coconut milk, adding the layer of cream first, followed by the liquid. Add your frozen strawberries and maple syrup and blend until thick and creamy. Do not over blend, or it will become too icy when thawing.
- If you choose to use xantham gum, add it halfway through blending and do not over blend.
- Pour the strawberry ice cream mixture into the frozen loaf tin. To ensure it doesn't become too icy, lightly mix your ice cream ever 20-30 minutes for the first hour.
- Thaw for 10-15 minutes before eating. Lightly wet an ice cream scoop before scooping the ice cream into a bowl.
More delicious frozen recipes? Gotcha covered!