Flourless Apple Pie Blondies are a soft, gooey and fudgy dessert recipe made with healthy and wholesome ingredients! Made with unsweetened applesauce, this recipe is completely paleo, vegan, gluten-free, keto and dairy free!
These healthy four ingredient flourless Apple Pie Blondies are the quick, easy and delicious dessert or snack recipe to have on hand.
These soft, fudgy and the perfect cure for your sweet tooth. Unlike traditional blondies, these have no white flour, butter, white sugar or added oils, but use the combination of fruit, spices, and a dash of maple syrup for sweetness.
The spice mix I used is the same I use for apple pie style desserts which give these blondies a delicious apple pie flavor! These are suitable for most dietary lifestyles- Paleo, keto, low carb, gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free and dairy free!
Apple Pie Blondies Ingredients
Making these healthy apple blondies are so simple and need just 4 ingredients!
- Unsweetened applesauce- Using a mere 1/2 cup does not provide many additional carbs, making it suitable for a keto diet. Ensure your applesauce is 100% unsweetened.
- Almond butter- Smooth almond butter is perfect for the gooey texture. You can replace almond butter with either peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Keto Maple Syrup- Adds sweetness, but also keeps the blondies gooey and fudgy. If you don’t follow a strict ketogenic diet, you can substitute this for pure maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Coconut Flour- This helps to hold the blondies together. I have not tried a substitution for this.
- Apple Pie Spice- Use either packaged apple pie spice or a homemade version (see below!)
- Granulated sweetener of choice (optional)- Add a sprinkle of your favorite granulated sweetener of choice on top of the bars, as they produce a gorgeous crust!
How to make flourless apple pie blondies
- You’ll start by preheating the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat up your almond butter with your sticky syrup until warm. Once warm, whisk together.
- Add your coconut flour, applesauce and spices and mix until combined. Transfer the batter into the lined pan.
- Sprinkle the granulated sweetener over the top of the blondies and bake for around 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow blondies to cool in the pan completely. Once cool, refrigerate for an hour.
- Once chilled, slice into bars.
How to make homemade apple pie spice
Store-bought apple pie spice is easiest to use, but you can easily make your own!
Apple Pie Spice Ingredients
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
Simply combine all the spices in a shallow bowl. Store the mix in a sealed container.
Storing flourless apple pie blondies
Apple pie blondies need to be stored in the refrigerator, to avoid them spoiling. Refrigerated blondies will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Apple pie blondies are freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Wrap blondies in parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag or shallow container.
Frozen blondies will keep for up to 6 months.
To enjoy blondies from the freezer, allow thawing in the fridge.
How to enjoy flourless apple pie blondies
Once you remove it from the oven, it will still look undercooked. Allow it to cool completely and for the absolute best taste, refrigerate and enjoy cold- The taste is beyond amazing.
While they are delicious as they are (cold, from the fridge) they can be taken up a notch topped with the healthy salted caramel sauce from this recipe.
More healthy blondies
Healthy Flourless Apple Pie Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix very well until a very thick batter is formed.
- Transfer to the greased baking dish and top with the granulated sweetener of choice. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least an hour before slicing.