Learn how to make your own keto juice in the comfort of your own home and with just 3 ingredients! No sugar needed, it’s easily customizable and can be made in a juicer or blender!
Growing up, I had quite an aversion to drinking water. My mom and dad had to force me to drink any water, even resorting to punishment if I didn’t finish off my glass. To combat my resistance, they would add sliced fruit to it, or sometimes make fresh juices.
While I never drank much water, I did love to drink juice. Every morning, I’d start with a tall glass of juice and whenever I wasn’t at school, it would be my drink of choice. Since making more of an effort to cut down on my sugar intake, I started making my own juices. When I transitioned to a keto diet, I had to be quite strict which how I continued my juice habit!
Can you drink juice on keto?
Depending on what kind of juice you are enjoying, some are keto friendly and some are not. This all depends on which fruits or vegetables your juice is made of. Unfortunately, most grocery store brands and mainstream juice shops aren’t suitable for a keto diet. The exception is Jamba Juice that provides several options.
Luckily, making your own is so simple to make. I’m stoked to share a keto juice recipe and it’s been something I enjoy when I need a break from coffee or tea. It has a smooth texture that is easily customizable and depending on which fruit or vegetables you choose, can be super low in carbs!
As someone who sometimes does continue to struggle with drinking water, having juices on hand has been a game changer- I love how I also get a bunch of nutrients without adding any sugar whatsoever!
How do you make keto juice?
- Celery– Freshly chopped celery with the stems removed. For some added texture, you can include the celery leaves.
- Orange, lemon, grapefruit, OR lime– Adds extra flavor and balances out the celery flavor.
- Liquid sweetener– Any liquid keto sweetener can work, including maple syrup, simple syrup, or honey.
Add your celery into a juicer and process it until smooth. Next, add the citrus fruit of choice and whisk together until combined before finally adding the liquid sweetener to taste. Drink immediately or refrigerate it until chilled.
Tips to make the best low carb juice
- Use a good quality juicer that can easily break down solid fruit and vegetables. If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender. However, you’ll need to add some water to get things moving.
- Avoid using granulated sweeteners as they can crystalize in the juice, especially once it is chilled.
- Adjust the liquid sweetener amount based on your desired sweetness level before amending the fruits used. Adding extrs fruits to sweeten it will result in more sugar and carbs.
The beauty of this juice is how easy it is to customize! Here are some low carb fruit and vegetable options to change up the flavor and add some variety!
- Cranberry– Replace the citrus fruit with 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries.
- Apple– Add 1 large granny smith apple. Omit the sweetener if the apple is sweet.
- Kiwi– Omit the citrus and add 1-2 peeled kiwi fruit.
- Carrot– Add 1-2 large carrots.
- Beetroot– Add 1 large beetroot and omit the citrus.
Storing and freezing juice
- To store: Leftover juice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Place juice in an ice cube tray or plastic bottle and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw it completely before drinking it.
More keto beverage recipes to try
Keto Juice (6 Flavors!)
- 1/2 bunch celery approximately 4-5 stalks
- 1/2 large orange peeled * See notes
- 1 tablespoon keto simple syrup ** See notes
- Wash the celery and orange and remove any roots or stems.
- Place the celery through a juicer, followed by the orange. Add your sweetener and whisk together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.