This thick and creamy avocado smoothie needs just 3 ingredients to make and is perfect for breakfast! Secretly keto and keeps you satisfied for hours!
I love adding avocado to many recipes, especially those of the sweet kind.
Contrary to popular belief, avocado is a fantastic alternative to butter and/or oil. It’s also considered being a suitable egg substitute.
Some of my favorite sweet recipes using avocado include avocado ice cream (seriously) and avocado brownies (promise you won’t taste them!) or everyone’s favorite, avocado chocolate mousse. My go-to recipe, though, is a creamy avocado smoothie.
What do avocados to in smoothies?
Adding avocado to smoothies and shakes takes it to another level. Texture and flavor wise, it makes the smoothie extra creamy and thick. It also has a very mild flavor, so works well with a plethora of other ingredients.
Nutritionally, avocadoes are packed with fiber, healthy fats, and protein, and give your smoothies a nutritional boost.
Why this avocado smoothie recipe will be a breakfast favorite-
- 3 Ingredients. Just avocado, milk, and a secret ingredient that makes this smoothie taste like dessert.
- No sugar needed. It’s sweetened with a low carb liquid sweetener, so it’s perfect for a low carb diet.
- Thick, creamy, and filling. Just like any good smoothie should be.
How to make an avocado shake?
- Milk of choice- I used unsweetened almond milk, but any milk works.
- Keto condensed milk- My secret ingredient for the sweetness AND extra creaminess. To keep it low carb, I used sugar free condensed milk.
- Ice- Crushed ice, for added thickness.
- Avocado- Avoid using overripe avocado, otherwise it will yield a darker and thinner smoothie.
Add everything into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Many supermarkets now stock frozen avocado cubes. Feel free to use that instead of a fresh avocado.
- For an even thicker and creamy smoothie, freeze your avocado chunks prior to adding them to the smoothie.
- If you don’t want to use condensed milk, you can substitute that for 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite granulated sweetener. I love adding some brown sugar substitute or a powdered sugar substitute.
- For a richer and more indulgent smoothie, swap out the milk for heavy cream (we often do this in a carrot cake smoothie).
What fruit goes with avocado?
While delicious on its own, here are some delicious additions to jazz up your avocado smoothie-
- Blueberry- Add 1/2- 1 cup frozen blueberries.
- Banana- Add in 1 large frozen banana and reduce half the condensed milk.
- Strawberry- Replace half the avocado with 2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- Coconut- Use coconut milk and swap out half the avocado with frozen coconut chunks.
- Chocolate- Add 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder before adding the avocado.
- Spinach- An extra boost of nutrients! Add 1-2 cups of baby or English spinach to it.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, as it can separate the longer it sits. However, if you intend to drink it within 24 hours, you can store it in the refrigerator, covered. Before drinking, give it a stir using a spoon.
- To freeze: Freezing smoothies is actually possible! Freeze this smoothie in a shallow container or in an ice cube tray. The smoothie can be stored like this for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy your smoothie, simply remove it from the freezer and place it back into your blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
More smoothie recipes to try
- Strawberry smoothie
- Blueberry smoothie
- Oatmeal smoothie
- Coconut milk smoothie
- Peanut butter banana chocolate smoothie
- Or for something different, try ginger shots
Frequently Asked Questions
Avocado shakes are a healthy and filling breakfast option, packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Like protein shakes, they keep you fuller for longer.
Although high in fats and calories, avocado is still a fantastic addition to any weight-loss diet. Because of its higher fat and fiber content, it keeps you fuller for longer. Aim to enjoy half an avocado a day.
Yes, they both are the same.
Easily make this a dairy free smoothie by swapping out the sugar free condensed milk for coconut condensed milk.
Avocado Smoothie With 3 Ingredients | Low Carb And Easy
- In a high speed blender, add your milk, condensed milk, and crushed ice, and blend until combined. Add your avocado and continue to blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into four glasses and enjoy immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.