This keto smoothie is so thick and creamy and full of strawberry flavor, you won’t believe it is low carb! 3 ingredients and ready in less than a minute. 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Out of all my keto smoothie recipes, my favorites to make are a peanut butter smoothie, avocado smoothie, and this easy strawberry smoothie.
Why this keto smoothie recipe will be a favorite-
- 3 Ingredients. Not including ice, this creamy smoothie needs just milk, condensed milk (or yogurt) and strawberries!
- No sugar needed. Obviously, being a keto smoothie, there is no bananas, no syrups, and no sweeteners required.
- Easy to customize. You can add your favorite nuts, seeds, nut butter, and more to it.
- Perfect as a breakfast, snack or dessert. Enjoy one as a quick breakfast, a snack between meals, or even a cold and creamy dessert!
Its texture is thick, creamy, and almost like soft-serve ice cream. It’s sweet and full of strawberry flavor.
How to make keto smoothies
- Milk- I use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk, but any keto milk will work.
- Keto condensed milk- Just a little bit for extra richness, sweetness, AND thickness. I used sugar free condensed milk. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Ice- Crushed ice gives the smoothie thickness and bulk, without added carbs or calories!
- Strawberries- Fresh or frozen.
In a high speed blender, combine your milk, condensed milk, and ice, and blend until the ice has broken down. Add the frozen strawberries and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Are strawberries keto?
Contrary to popular belief, strawberries are one of the few fruits allowed on a keto diet. In fact, they are the best fruit to have, yielding very few carbs and sugars.
Per 1 cup serving of strawberries, you’ll clock in 35 calories and a mere 4 grams net carbs.
Tips to make the best keto strawberry smoothie
- For an even richer smoothie, swap out the milk for heavy cream.
- If you’d like a add extra protein to this, add 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder to it.
- If you prefer thicker smoothies, add extra ice. For thinner smoothies, add more milk.
Flavor add-ins and variations
While this smoothie tastes delicious on its own, jazz it up with some other flavor combinations!
- Coconut- Use coconut milk and swap out half the strawberries for frozen coconut chunks.
- Chocolate- Add 2-3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Banana- Not keto friendly but a classic smoothie addition. Add 1 large frozen banana, chopped.
- Avocado- Add 1/2 large avocado or 1/4 cup frozen avocado chunks.
- Spinach- Add 1-2 cups baby spinach leaves and 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: While smoothies is best enjoyed fresh, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Any longer and you’ll find the smoothie separates.
- To freeze: The smoothie cannot be frozen as a whole. Instead, pour the smoothie mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze. When ready to enjoy, break out the smoothie cubes into a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Frozen smoothie cubes can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto smoothies to try
Frequently Asked Questions
For an extra 20-25 grams of protein per smoothie, add 1/4 cup of your favorite keto friendly protein powder. You may need to add an extra 1/2 cup of milk to compensate for it.
Smoothies are a fantastic addition to any diet, keto included. They work well as a fast meal, snack, or an easy way to add extra nutrition.
Bananas are not a keto friendly fruit, with over 30 grams of net carbs per medium banana.
Keto Smoothie (3 Ingredients!)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup sugar free condensed milk can use Greek yogurt
- 2 cups ice crushed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- In a high speed blender, add your milk, condensed milk (or Greek yogurt), and ice, and blend until combined. Add the strawberries and blend until the desired texture is achieved.
- Pour the smoothie into four glasses and enjoy it immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Love what I see, excited about trying these Recipes.
I used full fat Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk with this smoothie. I also threw in some leftover avocado slices. Smoothie is very creamy. Flavor is good. Thinking of trying it with the sugar free condensed milk in the future.
I’m adding this to my weekly recipes. Next time I will try adding in more strawberries and omitting the ice to get more strawberry flavor. This is a really forgiving recipe and it’s easy to modify. Glad I stumbled upon it.
That sounds great 🙂
This smoothie recipe AMAZING and so simple to make. My husband and I LOVE it. I made the keto condensed milk and I think that’s the game changer. Thanks so much for sharing.
You are so welcome, Rita!
Can fresh strawberries be used instead of frozen
Sure thing 🙂
What is the serving size?
Two per recipe!
Wow thank you for this recipe! I will try this! 😍