This keto iced coffee is a low carb and sugar free take on the classic cold brew! Made with just 3 ingredients, it takes seconds to make and easily customizable!
Keto Iced Coffee
Growing up, I had quite the expensive Starbucks habit. Every week, I’d easily spend a good $30 on coffee shop coffees. Before school, for an afternoon pick me up, or a pre-workout energy boost, the time of the day always changed but my order never differed- it was always an iced coffee.
There’s something special about iced coffees compared to other coffee beverages. It’s perfect for those of us who aren’t fans of overly milky coffees and those of us who love the sweet and dark flavors. By drinking so many of these drinks from both Starbucks and Dunkins for years, I’ve been able to make my own at home!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto iced coffee recipe for quite some time. As a self proclaimed coffee expert, I had to recreate my favorite Starbucks beverage, but with a keto twist. While the Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts iced coffees CAN be adapted to be made keto, the extra charges are NOT worth it!
Now, this iced coffee may look incredibly fancy, but it is one of the most foolproof recipes you’ll ever make that rivals any good coffee shop. No cold brew or espresso machine needed, but you’d never tell. The coffee is rich, sweet, and slightly bitter, without being overpowering. It’s also easy to customize with a plethora of flavor options.
I had some friends round for coffee and cake and I served them tall glasses of this homemade iced coffee and NO ONE believed me when I said that it was keto- They thought I had bought a venti or grande iced coffee from Starbucks and just poured it in a glass!
How do you make keto iced coffee?
- Black coffee– Either filtered coffee, cold brew, or instant coffee.
- Sugar free maple syrup– Adds sweetness without any extra carbs or calories. I used keto maple syrup.
- Milk OR heavy cream– Any milk can be used, or, for a richer flavor, heavy cream.
- Ice– Crushed ice or ice cubes.
In a large jug or bottle, add all your ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes, before serving in tall glasses, filled with extra ice.
Keto Vietnamese iced coffee
Ever tried a Vietnamese coffee before? It’s one of my favorite beverages and is easily made keto.
To make, simply swap out the milk for sugar free condensed milk.
While this coffee tastes delicious on its own, have some fun changing up the flavors for some variety!
- French Vanilla- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Mocha– Mix 1 tablespoon cocoa powder to the filtered coffee.
- Hazelnut– Add 1 tablespoon sugar free hazelnut syrup OR 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract.
- Caramel– Whisk in 1-2 tablespoons caramel sauce.
- Peanut butter– Whisk 2 tablespoons sugar free peanut butter with the maple syrup, before adding it to the coffee.
Storing and freezing low carb coffee
- To store: Iced coffee can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Do not add extra ice to it.
- To freeze: Place the coffee in an ice cube tray or freezer friendly container. When ready to drink, either let it melt in a glass or blend together in a high speed blender.
What to serve with iced coffee
- Chocolate desserts– Brownies, chocolate mousse, chocolate pies, and chocolate tarts.
- Cakes– Chocolate cake, coconut cake, flourless cake, and red velvet cake.
- Baked goods– Blondies, cookie bars, cupcakes, donuts, and muffins.
- Affogato– Coconut milk ice cream, almond milk ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and peanut butter ice cream.
- Cookies– Almond flour cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and almond butter cookies.
Keto Iced Coffee
- 2 cups coffee cold brew, instant, or filtered
- 2 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
- In a large pitcher, add all your ingredients, except for the ice, and mix well. Add the ice.
- Refrigerate for for at least 20 minutes, before pouring into glasses filled with ice.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.