This keto pink drink is a low carb and sugar free version of the popular Starbucks beverage! Made with simple ingredients, it takes seconds to make and is BETTER than store bought! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Pink Drink
Since going keto, I’ve really reeled in my daily Starbucks habit. For years, I’d do a daily coffee run and spend up to $7 on a fancy beverage. Not only were they all ridiculously expensive, but they also were loaded with sugar. Back then though, I had no idea what I was putting into my body.
My favorite drinks were always the iced ones, which, ironically, had the most sugar and carbs in them. When I wasn’t ordering an iced hot chocolate or caramel frappucino, I’d always gravitate towards the pink drink.
What is the Starbucks pink drink?
The pink drink at Starbucks is a popular iced beverage made with their strawberry acai refreshers drink mix and coconut milk. While delicious, the pink drink carbs are over 30 grams, and 24 grams of it is sugar! Luckily, you can make your own keto version which has just 2 grams of net carb and ZERO sugar.
I’ve been meaning to share a keto pink drink recipe for quite some time. It happened by accident when I left a fruit tea bag in the hot water for several hours. Not one to waste food, I took a sip and loved how naturally sweet it became! This then was combined with a couple of extra ingredients and voila- an instant keto friendly pink drink!
Now, this beverage may look fancy, but I promise you it is incredibly easy! No sugar and no dairy are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is smooth, creamy, and incredibly refreshing. It’s pleasantly sweet with a light fruity flavor, without being overpowering!
I made one of these for my sister who is a diehard Starbucks lover and she could NOT believe it was sugar free- She thought it tasted exactly like the one from Starbucks!
How do you make a Starbucks keto pink drink?
- Passionfruit and strawberry teabags– Unsweetened tea bags. The traditional Starbucks drink uses passionfruit and strawberry flavored teas, but any flavor can be used.
- Granulated sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but monk fruit sweetener or erythritol can also be used.
- Boiling water- To mix with the teabags and sweetener to make a mock syrup.
- Ice– A must for any chilled beverage!
- Heavy cream AND coconut milk– The combination of the two give the drink richness, without being overpowering or heavy. You can use one or the other if you prefer. I used a dairy free heavy cream, but standard heavy cream can also be used.
- Pink food coloring– Optional, but gives it the pink color.
Start by placing your tea bags and granulated sweetener into a small bowl. Next, pour your boiling water over it and let it sit for 2 minutes, for the tea to release its flavor. Remove the tea bags and mix together the concentrated tea with the sweetener until a thin syrup remains.
Now, transfer the syrup into a large jug. Add your ice, heavy cream, milk, and pink food coloring, if using it, and whisk until combined. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
How to order a keto pink drink at Starbucks?
Starbucks has now introduced a secret menu, which actually includes a keto version of their pink drink. If your barista is unfamiliar with it (some have said their local Starbucks doesn’t know how to do it), here is how you can create your own!
To order– Sugar free iced passion Tazo tea, 1 pump sugar free vanilla syrup, two pumps of heavy cream and freeze dried strawberries. If you prefer a sweeter pink drink, request an extra pump of syrup.
Tips to make the best low carb pink drink
- If you don’t intend on drinking this straight away, omit the ice and refrigerate it until chilled. Once ready to enjoy, add ice to a tall glass.
- Use a very concentrated and full flavored fruit tea. If your tea flavoring is weak, add more tea bags to the hot water. It will not add any extra calories or carbs.
- Feel free to add some sliced strawberries or a teaspoon of freeze dried strawberries for some added flavor.
Storing and freezing the pink drink
- To store: The pink drink should be stored in the refrigerator at all times. It will keep well for up to 2 weeks.
- To freeze: Pour the drink into a shallow container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. You must thaw it completely before drinking.
More keto drink recipes to try
Keto Pink Drink
- In a small bowl, add your tea bags and granulated sweetener. Pour the boiling water over it all and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and whisk the remaining liquid together.
- In a large jug, add your ice. Pour the tea and sweetener mixture, followed by the heavy cream and milk, and whisk together, until combined. If desired, add the red food coloring.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.