This keto whipped coffee is a combination of espresso and sweetener all served over your favorite milk! Made without instant coffee, it’s the best and most delicious version yet! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Whipped Coffee
When it comes to viral Tiktok recipes, my favorites to make are cookie cereal, cloud bread, and this keto whipped coffee.
As someone who spends plenty of time on social media, TikTok is a more recent obsession. While people use the app for humour, serious issues, or some fabulous dances, there are plenty of recipe gems on there too. One of my favorites is the famous whipped coffee.
What is Dalgona coffee?
Dalgona coffee is the viral TikTok coffee that involves whipping sugar and instant coffee together to create an almost meringue-like texture. It’s scooped over milk to create the ultimate coffee beverage.
Unlike other whipped coffees, this one is a little different. It doesn’t use instant coffee and frankly, is perfect for those who appreciate a good coffee (or don’t have instant coffee on hand!). I promise I’m not a coffee snob but using espresso or brewed coffee takes it up a notch and you’ll never go back!
I’ve been meaning to share a keto whipped coffee recipe for quite some time. It’s the perfect combination of rich, dark, sweet, and fluffy in one. It takes minutes to make and is perfectly served hot or cold! Now, this coffee may look incredibly fancy but I promise you, it is so easy to make!
No sugar and no dairy are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture of the topping is light, fluffy, and airy. The whipped coffee is dark and sweet and meshes perfectly with the milk.
My sister came over for coffee the other day and I decided to be extra and make us these whipped coffees and she could NOT believe a simple combination of coffee and sweetener could create something so fluffy!
How to make whipped coffee without instant coffee
- Espresso OR brewed coffee– Regardless of which one you use, it must be hot. If you prefer a stronger coffee, go for the espresso.
- Sweetener of choice– I used allulose, but erythritol and monk fruit sweetener can also be used.
- Milk of choice– I used unsweetened coconut milk, but any low carb milk will work.
In a large mixing bowl, add the hot coffee and sweetener and whisk until the sweetener has dissolved. Next, use a hand mixer or stick mixer, beat the liquid. Continue beating the mixture until it forms soft peaks and achieves a meringue-like texture.
Now, add your milk to glasses. Spoon the whipped mixture over the top and serve immediately.
Tips to make the best instant keto coffee
- Depending on what kind of hand mixer you use, it could take up to 10-12 minutes to achieve the fluffy and whipped texture. Don’t fret if it takes longer, as this is expected.
- Do not use hot milk, as it will dissolve the whipped topping once it is added on top.
- If you can’t tolerate caffeine, you can use decaf (decaffeinated) coffee. If you go this route, brewed or instant coffee would be the best for this.
While the orginal whipped coffee tastes delicious on its own, here are some fun flavors for some variety!
- Matcha– Add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder to the milk before adding the whipped coffee on top.
- Dirty chai– Seep a chai tea bag in the milk for 10 minutes, to infuse the flavors.
- Peppermint mocha– Replace the milk with a peppermint mocha.
- Pumpkin spice– Add 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix into the milk and for a more intense flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon to the whipped topping.
- Boozy– Add 1 standard shot (1.5 ounces) of Bailey’s Irish cream or Kahlua to the milk.
More keto coffee recipes to try
Keto Whipped Coffee
- 2 tablespoon espresso or strong brewed coffee * See notes
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used allulose ** See notes
- 2 cups milk of choice I used unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your hot coffee with sweetener and mix well.
- Using a hand or stick mixer, beat the coffee until it begins to form soft peaks and you achieve a meringue-like texture.
- Pour your warm or chilled milk into two glasses. Carefully scoop out the whipped coffee topping into the two glasses and serve immediately. 1
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
You do not use near enough coffee for my taste. I use 4 heaping tablespoons of the darkest roast possible, freshly ground, per 5 ounce cup of black coffee. This is my daily routine. I drink several Mason mugs a day. I love my coffee!
You are welcome to use more coffee but as this doesn’t use instant coffee, a smaller amount is needed for a standard coffee (I’d be just like you though and add more- I need my caffeine! :D)
This may be a silly question. Does the foam only happen when using coffee or would a matcha shot work as well? I had always thought it had something to do with it being instant coffee is what made it work. Thank you!
Amazing Recipe. Your way of explaining this is incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Keto is the new food life for dietitians and quality food enthusiastics. This keto coffee is amazing idea. We wiLl definitely try it in our kitchen.
The pics are great and so much in detailed explanation.
Thank you for sharing
Loved it, specially the coconut flavor
Can you not use a blender for this?
I haven’t tried sorry!
Do you think adding baileys would work in the whipped coffee portion of this recipe?
I haven’t tried you are welcome to experiment and see