Learn how to make spicy, zingy, tangy, cheesy, creamy, and viral Gigi Hadid Pasta in this simple recipe. Made with everyday ingredients and a touch of vodka, this pasta is quick to cook and is full of bold flavors and exciting combinations.
Table of Contents
- What is Gigi Hadid Pasta?
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ingredients Needed
- Non-alcoholic alternative
- How to make Gigi Hadid pasta
- What to serve with Gigi Hadid pasta?
- Tips to make the best recipe
- Flavor variations
- Storage instructions
- Recommended tools to make this recipe
- More pasta recipes to try:
- Frequently asked questions
- Gigi Hadid Pasta
What is Gigi Hadid Pasta?
Even though spicy vodka pasta or penne alla vodka was not unknown to the world, it went viral when Gigi Hadid, the world-famous supermodel, shared it on her social media in 2020 (like the Jennifer Aniston salad).
Coated in a sauce made with tomatoes, herbs, garlic, onion, pepper, cream, butter, cheese, and vodka, it is a quick and easy solution to your pasta cravings.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tasty. Tasty doesn’t even begin to describe how delicious this pasta is. Gigi Hadid pasta is undoubtedly satisfying with a strong spice, a hint of vodka, and a base of rich, creamy tomato paste!
- Make ahead. Like Boursin pasta, the flavors intensify and gel better over time, and the pasta tastes better the next day!
- Easy. I love how easy it is to make this pasta. No wonder it is Gigi Hadid’s favorite! Serve it under some veal scallopini for the ultimate flavor combo.
- Quick. When looking for tasty meals that cook in under 30 minutes, this recipe will not disappoint you.
What I love about this recipe is how versatile this pasta is. You can plan it for your date night, a weeknight meal for one, or your friends and family over the weekend! It is always a hit.
You’ll need a handful of basic pasta ingredients, and you can get cooking. Here’s a complete list:
- Olive oil. For making the delicious sauce. Using extra virgin olive oil for pasta sauces makes all the difference. Not only is it less processed, but it imparts so much flavor.
- Onion. You’ll need one finely chopped red onion. You can also use pink, yellow, or white onion instead.
- Garlic. Use one (if large) or two (if medium) cloves, depending on how big your garlic cloves are.
- Tomato paste. Not tomato sauce, not fresh tomatoes. Use concentrated tomato paste for instant flavor.
- Cream. Use heavy or cooking cream for this pasta.
- Vodka. For the lovely acidic taste. If you don’t want to consume alcohol, you can skip it altogether.
Don’t want to use alcohol in this recipe? Easily swap it out for chicken or vegetable broth, along with one teaspoon of rice wine vinegar.
- Red pepper flakes. For the spice kick.
- Salt and pepper. Use salt and freshly ground pepper (a little more than you’d usually add) for seasoning.
- Pasta. I love using shell pasta like Gigi did, as it is a great carrier for the sauce.
- Pasta cooking water. To adjust the pasta sauce consistency.
- Butter. For the rich gloss.
- Parmesan. Make your pasta cheesy by adding a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Parsley and basil. To garnish.
How to make Gigi Hadid pasta
If hundreds of thousands of people made it, so can you! Follow these four straightforward steps to create a ravishing bowl of pasta.
Step 1- Make the sauce
Sweat the aromatics in hot olive oil in a large skillet, add tomato paste, and cook until it caramelizes. To that, add cream and vodka. Once the alcohol evaporates, season with chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
Step 2- Cook pasta
In a large pot, cook pasta according to the instructions, and save some water before draining it.
Step 3- Combine the pasta
Add butter to the sauce as it cooks, and let it simmer on medium heat. Add the cooked pasta, cooking water, and parmesan, and cook until it all combines.
Step 4- Garnish and serve
Finish the pasta with freshly chopped parsley and basil and serve hot.
What to serve with Gigi Hadid pasta?
Tips to make the best recipe
- Don’t forget to save pasta water. This starchy, salty water makes a world of difference. You need it to adjust the sauce consistency. My advice is to reserve a little more.
- Cook the pasta al dente. You want your pasta to have a slight bite to it. So, don’t exceed the timing indicated on the packet.
- Use freshly grated parmesan. I know it does feel like splurging, but it is so rewarding. You’ll love the flavor of freshly grated parmesan in this pasta.
- Adjust the spice levels. Based on your spice tolerance, amp up or dial down on the chili flakes.
- Use a different pasta. While shells work well, feel free to experiment with rigatoni or penne.
- Make it vegan. Substitute dairy cream with coconut cream and parmesan cheese with a dairy-free version and nutritional yeast to make it vegan.
- Use a different alcohol. Make your version of Gigi Hadid salad by using a deep red wine like Zinfandel instead of vodka in the recipe.
- Add protein. Make it more filling by adding shredded chicken, tofu, ground meat (lamb or beef are great!), or seared shrimp.
To store. You can keep this pasta in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Store it in a lidded container to retain maximum flavor.
To reheat. Heat the pasta in a pan with cream or water to retain the moisture and creaminess.
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Pot. A versatile pot to boil milk, pasta, water, and much more!
- Skillet. You cannot have a fully functional kitchen without this skillet.
More pasta recipes to try:
Frequently asked questions
With so many indulgent ingredients, this pasta is far from healthy. You can use half the cream, cheese, and oil, but I’m afraid it won’t be as tasty.
Don’t get scared looking at the amount of chili flakes. Cream and parmesan mellow down the spice. That said, it does lean towards a spicier side.
Add a few tablespoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar instead of vodka.
Gigi Hadid Pasta
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, garlic, and onion and cook until soft. Add tomato paste and cook until it starts getting darker color.
- Add the heavy cream followed by vodka, and cook for one minute until the alcohol evaporates. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and combine well. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, reserving ¼ cup of the liquid, and drain it.
- Add the butter to the sauce and stir over medium heat until it melts. Add pasta and cooking water to the sauce and stir well. Add parmesan and combine everything.
- Serve with some chopped fresh herbs.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.