Learn how to make the trending Boursin Cheese Pasta in this effortlessly simple recipe! This delicious dish features al dente pasta with a sweet cherry tomato, creamy Boursin cheese, and parmesan sauce seasoned with garlic, basil, and chili flakes.
What is Boursin Cheese Pasta?
Boursin is a brand of French Gournay cheese. It is a soft creamy, crumbly cheese that resembles cream cheese in texture. It comes in various tasty flavors of herbs, aromatics, and spices.
This pasta recipe combines cherry tomatoes’ sweet acidity and juiciness and herbed Boursin’s rich creaminess. When baked together, the flavors marry each other beautifully to make a decadent sauce.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy. With minimal prep time and no complicated techniques, this recipe is beginner-friendly.
- Make ahead. Boursin pasta makes for delicious leftovers; you can make a lot of pasta and batch-prep it for the week.
- Quick and delicious. You’ll be surprised at the depth of flavor and complexity this recipe builds within 35-40 minutes.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to customize this pasta. Add your favorite veggies, proteins, and cheese to make it to your liking!
Other than the titular Boursin cheese, ten other ingredients make up this irresistible plate of food. Let’s see what all you need:
- Boursin cheese. Buy your favorite flavor of this cheese from the supermarket.
- Cherry tomatoes. Ripe cherry tomatoes have a wonderful sweetness that intensifies upon cooking.
- Olive oil. It helps roast the tomatoes and garlic.
- Garlic. Use freshly minced garlic cloves for this pasta. If you don’t have fresh garlic, substitute it with garlic powder.
- Red pepper flakes For the heat.
- Pasta. I love using farfalle, penne, rigatoni, shell, or fusilli for this recipe.
- Salt and pepper. To season.
- Pasta cooking water. Reserve some water before draining your pasta to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
- Parmesan. Buy a wedge of aged parmesan cheese for maximum flavor.
- Basil leaves. Chop a bunch of fresh basil leaves to use as a garnish.
How to make pasta with Boursin cheese
Is making this pasta as simple as the TikTok video you saw? Let’s find out!
1. Make your sauce. Layer cherry tomatoes in a casserole with olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top it with Boursin cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 35 minutes.
2. Cook pasta. Follow the instructions on your pasta packet to cook it al dente. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water and drain the rest.
3. Toss and serve. Once the tomatoes and cheese are baked, combine them with pasta, pasta water, and freshly grated parmesan. Garnish with chopped basil and serve warm.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Make a smooth sauce. For a silky, homogenous sauce, blend the cooked cheese and tomato mixture with pasta water before combining it with pasta.
- Spread out the tomatoes. Ensure the tomatoes are spread in a single layer for even cooking.
- Adjust the spice level. You can adjust the pepper and red pepper flakes according to your spice preference.
- Scale up. It is easy to scale up this recipe. Just go for a larger casserole or make two batches.
- Make it with different cheese. The original TikTok pasta was made using Feta cheese instead of Boursin. You can make that combo for an experiment!
- Herb variations. Tomato and basil is a match made in heaven, as is tomato and spinach. So feel free to change the greens per your preference.
- Make Boursin mushroom sauce. Instead of cherry tomatoes, use sauteed mushrooms in the recipe. This will make for a beautiful Alfredo-like cheesy experience.
- Add more veggies. You can add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, peas, or broccoli.
To store. Leftover Boursin cheese pasta tastes excellent. Keep it in a refrigerator, and enjoy it for 3-4 days.
To reheat. You can heat it in a pan with a splash of milk or water or in the microwave.
What to serve with this Boursin cheese pasta?
Recommended tools to make this recipe
- Medium-size Casserole dish. Whether making a chicken casserole, tuna casserole, or this delicious pasta, a medium-sized casserole dish is a kitchen must-have.
- Tongs. To toss through the pasta.
More pasta recipes to try:
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Although the Boursin cheese is usually served cold with crackers and bread, it melts well and works wonders in this recipe.
Interestingly, Boursin makes vegan cheeses. So feel free to swap out the dairy version with a vegan one and replace the parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
I do not recommend freezing this pasta. Often, the cream splits, resulting in an unpleasant and grainy sauce.
Boursin Cheese Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- In a medium casserole dish, place the cherry tomatoes and spread out in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Place the Boursin cheese on top of the tomatoes and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as per the package instructions, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Remove the dish from the oven and gently stir the tomatoes and cheese together. Add the pasta and pasta cooking water and mix until combined. Fold through the parmesan cheese and basil and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.