This keto pumpkin spice latte is inspired by the popular Fall Starbucks beverage! Made without sugar and super low in calories, it’s perfect served warm or over ice for a chilled version! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
I have quite the Starbucks addiction and love giving keto makeovers to many of their popular beverages. We’ve made a keto frappucino and a keto pink drink. With fall around the corner, it was only time to share a keto pumpkin spice latte.
It’s no secret that I had an unhealthy addiction to Starbucks. The keyword here is had, as I’ve made a valiant effort to stop my almost daily visits. It was partly due to the exceedingly high price for a single beverage and partly due to the lack of keto options.
Sure, I could stick to my usual keto basics of a cold brew or Americano with cream, but your boy here loves his fancy drinks, especially when the holiday season rolls around!
Is the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte keto friendly?
The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is not keto-friendly. Even if you make low carb substitutions like sugar free syrup and heavy cream instead of milk, it still will contain enough carbs to kick someone out of ketosis.
Luckily, you can easily make a homemade pumpkin spice latte that is cheaper than Starbucks, more delicious than Starbucks, AND it’s keto to boot! As such, I’ve been meaning to share a keto pumpkin spice latte recipe. It tastes exactly like the popular coffee shop beverage and is so easy to make!
No sugar and no syrups are needed, but you’d never tell. The texture is smooth, silky, and topped with whipped cream. It’s pleasantly sweet and full of pumpkin flavor, and can be as strong or as weak as you like!
I had some friends over for coffee the other day and served them this keto version of the PSL and they could NOT believe it was low carb- It tasted just as good as Starbucks!
How do you make a keto pumpkin spice latte?
- Pumpkin puree– 100% unsweetened pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree. Do not use pumpkin pie filling!
- Keto maple syrup OR simple syrup– Skip the overpriced ones that are available in some grocery stores or online. Instead, make your own! If you don’t want any maple flavor, use keto simple syrup.
- Milk of choice– Any milk of choice can be used, like almond, coconut, or cashew milk.
- Pumpkin pie spice mix– A mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Espresso OR brewed coffee– Use espresso shots for the authentic ‘Starbucks’ style, or freshly brewed coffee. Like any coffee beverage, you can use caffeine-free varieties if you like.
- Whipped cream– A must for any specialty coffee beverage. I use keto whipped cream.
Start by adding the pumpkin puree, keto syrup, milk of choice, and pumpkin pie spice mix in a small saucepan and place it over medium heat, until it begins to simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the espresso or freshly brewed coffee and pour into mugs or glasses. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
If you’d like an iced pumpkin spice latte, let the mixture cool to room temperature before pouring into glasses filled with ice.
How many carbs are in a Keto PSL?
A grande pumpkin spice latte has over 40 grams of carbs in a single beverage.
This homemade version has less than 2 grams net carbs per beverage.
Storing and make ahead tips
- To store/make ahead: Leftover or make ahead pumpkin spice latte should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat: Microwave in 30-second spurts or reheat in a small saucepan until it begins to simmer. You can skip the reheating and enjoy it straight from the refrigerator.
More keto coffee recipes to try
Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- In a small saucepan, add the pumpkin puree, keto syrup, milk, and pumpkin pie spice and place over medium heat. Whisk together and once it begins to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the prepared coffee and transfer it into mugs or glasses. Add whipped cream and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.