These fluffy and delicious keto donuts need just 6 ingredients to make! Made without yeast and no sugar, these easy keto donuts are super customizable too. Frost them and flavor them any way you like!
Keto Donut Recipe
I am pretty sure investing in a donut pan should be your number one priority RIGHT NOW.
They are fun to make, require minimal prep, and require no frying whatsoever, as these donuts are baked.
One of my biggest requests has been a Keto Dunkin Donuts. Having been to Dunkin Donuts multiple times, I can guarantee you there is nothing low carb or keto around any of their donuts.
This keto donut recipe will fill in the blanks to satisfy your Dunkin donuts, Krispy Kreme, or any other donut chain cravings!
These keto doughnuts are fluffy and cake-like, and perfectly sweet. They are made with almond flour and come with 7 amazing recipe ideas!
How to make keto donuts
6 ingredients, no yeast, and no frying needed, these low carb baked donuts could not be any easier! I left the batter simple and plain, so be sure to see the recipes at the end for flavor options like chocolate donuts and cinnamon donuts!
- Almond flour– Use blanched almond flour, as it provides a fluffier and lighter texture, perfect for low carb donuts! While almond meal will also work, the texture will be a little heavier.
- Granulated sweetener– I’ve tried this with both erythritol and monk fruit sweetness, and both work very well.
- Baking soda– Gives the donuts some rise and fluffiness.
- Eggs– Be sure the eggs are room temperature. I haven’t tried this with a flax egg or egg substitute. For vegan pancakes, try vegan gluten free baked donuts.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Works with the baking soda to puff up the donuts.
- Coconut Milk OR other milk– To mix the batter together! I used coconut milk, but any milk works, like almond milk, cashew milk, etc.
Start by mixing together your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, add your other ingredients and mix those together. Combine your wet and dry ingredients until combined. Transfer your donut batter into a ziplock bag and cut one of the corners. Gently squeeze out the donut batter into a 12-count donut pan that has been greased generously. Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes, at 180C/350F, before removing from the oven and letting cool in the donut pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost the donuts, if desired.
Can I make these low carb donuts as muffins?
These low carb keto donuts can easily be made as muffins. The preparation and instructions remain the same, simply grease a 12-count muffin tin or line with muffin liners and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Keto Doughnuts Tips
- Don’t pour the batter directly into the donut pan, as this can be a little bit messy and sticky. Instead, transfer the keto doughnuts batter into a ziplock bag and snip a corner of it. Gently squeeze out the donut batter directly into the donut pan.
- Do not overbake the donuts, as they continue to bake in the pan while they cool.
- If you choose to frost the donuts, they should be at room temperature before doing so. Warm donuts will see the frosting melt off and chilled donuts will see the frosting become still and hardened.
Storing and Freezing Keto Doughnuts
- To store: Leftover donuts can keep at room temperature provided they are eaten within 3 days. If you’d like to keep them longer, store them in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Place donuts in a freezer friendly container or ziplock bag. The donuts can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Keto Donut Recipes
- Keto Cinnamon Donuts– Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the batter and once baked, dip the donuts in melted butter and dip in a mixture of cinnamon sugar (use appropriate sugar free substitute).
- Blueberry Donuts– Use the following recipe for blueberry donuts.
- Raspberry Donuts– Use the following recipe for raspberry donuts.
- Keto Chocolate Donuts– Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into the batter and increase the milk by 1 tablespoon.
- Lemon Donuts– Add 1 tablespoon of lemon extract to the donut batter and frost with a lemon drizzle glaze.
- Keto Pumpkin Donuts– Add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree to the dough, along with pumpkin pie spice.
More easy keto dessert recipes
Keto Donuts (6 Ingredients!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 12-count donut pan generously and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your almond flour, sweetener, and baking soda and mix well. In a separate bowl, add your eggs, apple cider vinegar, and coconut and mix together. Combine your dry and wet ingredients and mix well, until just combined.
- Transfer your donut batter into a ziplock bag. Cut one end of the ziplock bag and gently squeeze out the donut batter directly into the doughnut pan.
- Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, frost the donuts.