This keto trail mix is chock full of sugar free chocolate and candied nuts, and is the perfect low carb snack! Easily customizable and full of amazing textures, prep a huge batch in advance and always have keto snacks on hand! 2 grams net carbs per serving.
Keto Snack Mix
I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with trail mixes. Growing up, they’d be my go-to travel snack, and 9 times out of 10, I’d return from whichever trip I’d been on to a 3/4 full package of trail mix. See, I was one of THOSE people who would selectively eat all the good parts of a trail mix and leave the…less than stellar parts there. For me, I would skip the peanuts, skip the raisins and avoid ALL the dried fruit.
In essence, I only ate the chocolate chips and the candied nuts.
If I developed and made trail mixes, I would make it UNLIKE any of the other out there- I firstly make it peanut free, raisin free, and just for good measure, dried fruit free. In fact, I would make the whole thing taking a sweet theme because the sweet parts are always the best bits.
Luckily, I CAN develop my own trail mixes and I WILL put all my favorites in there- Without the raisins and without the peanuts!
Is trail mix keto?
Depending on what trail mix you eat, it can be keto-friendly. However, many store-bought trail mixes are full of sugar, non-keto nuts and chocolate candies.
My homemade version is 100% keto-friendly and perfect to snack on between meals! Trail mix is also great to bring on travels, lunch boxes, and even before or after a workout.
This keto snack mix is the ULTIMATE trail mix- It has all the best parts of any traditional trail mix out there, but with a healthy twist. They are taste, texture, and sweet and salty lovers dream- Sweet morsels of chocolate (dark, milk and white chocolate) mixed with crunchy and flavorful nuts candied to perfection.
How do you make trail mix?
Like with any trail mix, you can customize it any way you like. For my one, I included keto candied nuts, of all types! I also added a bunch of keto chocolate chips, morsels, and chunks.
- Keto chocolate chips– Use a mix of sugar free chocolate chips in dark, mik, and white. Many grocery stories stock their own, or you can use homemade chocolate.
- Candied pecans– Crunchy and crispy candied pecans that take 5 minutes to make.
- Candied Almonds– Vanilla almonds with a candy coating.
- Sugar Free nuts– Use up your favorite less popular nuts (like brazil nuts or walnuts) in this mix.
- Coconut cashews– Toasted coconut flakes with cashews, completely candied.
In a large mixing bowl, add all your ingredients and mix together. Transfer into a ziplock bag or sealable container.
Tips to make the best keto snack mix
- This is a predominantly sweet inspired trail mix. If you’d like to add some salty flavors to combat it, add your favorite salted nuts.
- Keep this trail mix nut free by replacing all the nuts with pepitas and pumpkin seeds.
- Distribute the trail mix amongst small ziplock bags for quick single portioned snacks.
Storing and Freezing Trail Mix
- To store: Leftover trail mix should be stored in a sealable container, at room temperature, for up to 2 months.
- To freeze: You can freeze the trail mix in a ziplock bag for up to 6 months.
More keto snacks to try
Keto Trail Mix
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour into individual baggies or jars and seal to avoid added moisture.