These chicken pasta recipes are quick, easy, and incredibly delicious! With over 20 delicious ways to enjoy this combination, there is something for everyone!
With a plethora of easy dinner recipes on hand, nothing beats pasta.
Pasta is cheap to buy, quick to cook, and is so easy to customize. Like rice, it’s a blank canvas that can be dressed in a variety of ways. As someone who regularly exercises, I aim to eat some form of protein with every meal. For most people, they’d think pasta was a right off, but that is not the case. My favorite protein to add to pasta is chicken.
Does chicken go with pasta?
Chicken and pasta are a fantastic combination and much more versatile than other meats (including beef). You have a plethora of ways to combine the two, and can use original cuts of chicken, include shredded, grilled, and ground.
You can also add grilled chicken or chicken thighs over some plain pasta, seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter. This forms a very balanced meal, as pasta on its own can be high in carbs.
How do you make chicken pasta?
While there are many ways to enjoy chicken and pasta, my favorite combination involves the addition of broccoli and cream. Creamy sauces work much better with chicken than tomato based ones, and this all comes together in less than 10 minutes. Here is how to make it.
- Pasta– I used rotini, but penne, farfalle, or even rigatoni can be used.
- Broccoli– Boiled until tender.
- Bacon– Crispy bacon takes this pasta dish to another level! Besides, bacon and chicken are a fabulous combination.
- Chicken breast– Skinless fillets. chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Italian seasonings– Adds extra flavor and sticks to the chicken nicely.
- Salt and pepper– to taste.
- Olive oil– A flavorful oil to pan-fry everything in.
- Garlic– Freshly minced.
- Heavy cream– Gives the pasta dish that much loved creaminess.
Start by cooking the pasta as per the box instructions. Drain the pasta, then set it aside. Boil the broccoli in the microwave until tender. Next, add the bacon to a non-stick pan and cook until crispy. Pat it dry and set it aside.
Now, add the diced chicken breast into a mixing bowl. Add the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the oil to the non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Place the seasoned chicken in it and cook for 4-5 minutes until no longer pink. Add the heavy cream, then the garlic, cooked pasta, and steamed broccoli and allow everything to simmer for several minutes until it has thickened.
Finally, remove the pasta off the heat, sprinkle with the chopped bacon and serve immediately.
Storing, freezing, and reheating instructions
- To store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
- To freeze: Place the cooled pasta in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: Microwave the pasta for 30-40 seconds or in a non-stick pan until hot.
How many types of pasta recipes are there?
There are countless pasta recipes and these are the BEST chicken pasta recipes you need to make right now. There are options using all kinds of pasta, including lasagnas, gnocchi, spaghetti noodles, and pasta. Every recipe can use chicken in some form or another, or is the perfect accompaniment to a chicken dish. There is a misconception that chicken and pasta are not the best combination, but these recipes prove otherwise- every recipe has been made by thousands of people and all have five star reviews!
Chicken pasta recipes
Low calorie pasta with chicken
Give this pasta dish a protein boost by adding some sliced grilled chicken or shredded chicken. I love to remove the breasts from a rotisserie chicken, shred it, then add it to the sauce before baking it.
Protein pasta with chicken
Ever used ground chicken instead of ground beef for a pasta sauce? It tastes just as delicious and holds the flavor really well.
Switch out the ground beef for ground chicken (either ground chicken breast or ground chicken thigh) for a satisfying and protein packed dinner.
Like the eggplant lasagna, ground chicken instead of beef in the sauce takes it to another level.
Bolognese sauce with chicken- Trust me on this, it is super delicious.
Ground chicken made with dark meat is a fantastic keto chicken option, so use it for this classic low carb lasagna.
Who said being keto meant missing out on pasta? This simple dish is the perfect vehicle for this simple pasta dish? Chicken parmesan!
Stir through a simple Alfredo sauce with sliced grilled chicken- it’s the most delicious chicken alfredo!
Chicken Pasta salad
I love adding chopped grilled chicken or pulled chicken to this salad.
Any pasta goes well with chicken. If you make a more extravagant chicken dish, it’s best to serve it over cooked pasta seasoned with salt and pepper. If your chicken is on the plainer side (steamed, grilled, or baked), you can mix it into any pasta with sauce.
The best sides to serve with chicken pasta are of the carb variety, including garlic pizza bread, garlic knots, and cheesy breadsticks.
Chicken Pasta Recipes (5 Star Rated!)
- 10 onces rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 small broccoli chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 lb chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare the pasta as per the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, steam the broccoli until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, and mix well. Place the bacon in a non-stick pan and cook until crispy. Remove it from the pan.
- Add the oil to the same pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add the garlic and the heavy cream and bring everything to simmer and the cream thickens.
- Stir through the cooked pasta and broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes, before removing off the heat. Sprinkle the bacon on top and serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.