Dark chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate get married in this delicious and healthy granola! Perfect for snacking or breakfast, it’s vegan, dairy free, gluten free and made with no butter, no oil and no sugar!
As someone who enjoys breakfast, I need to constantly switch it up to keep things exciting. I went through a huge oatmeal phase and as expected, got burnt out super fast. Instead of changing up the flavors, I opted to combine my favorite flavor combination (chocolate and peanut butter) into a cereal-like recipe.
This healthy chocolate peanut butter granola absolutely fits the bill and perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack!
How to make chocolate peanut butter granola
Step 1- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Step 2- In a large mixing bowl, combine your rolled oats, nuts and salt and mix well.
Step 3- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your peanut butter with maple syrup and heat until warm and melted. Whisk together until combined.
Step 4- Combine your wet an dry ingredients and mix very well, until fully incorporated.
Step 5- Transfer the granola mixture onto the lined pan and spread out on an even layer. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are going slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, mix around, and add chocolate chips. Place back in the oven and bake for an extra 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 6- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, break apart into clusters. Add in pretzels, extra nuts or seeds of choice.
Can you make the granola without peanut butter?
Easily make this chocolate peanut butter granola without peanut butter.
Almond butter and sunflower seed butter are both fantastic substitutions, along with smooth tahini.
As long as your nut or seed butter is smooth and drippy (and unsweetened), it generally will work well.
How to make chocolate peanut butter granola gluten-free
Easily make this granola 100% gluten-free!
Simply ensure you use certified gluten-free rolled oats and ensure any mix-ins you choose are also gluten-free.
Storing chocolate peanut butter granola
Healthy chocolate peanut butter granola should be stored at room temperature, in a sealed container. The granola will keep fresh for up for 2 months.
More healthy breakfast recipes
- The Best Chocolate Granola
- Flourless Lemon Poppyseed Breakfast Cake
- DIY Keto Oatmeal
- Protein Overnight Oatmeal
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, salt and nuts.
- In a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat the nut butter of choice with the syrup until it just begins to bubble. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and combine until fully incorporated.
- Spread out the granola mixture evenly on the lined oven tray and bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on the oven) until the edges start to go slightly golden. Remove from the oven and stir through several tablespoons of the chocolate chips of choice. Place back in the oven and continue to bake until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir through remaining chocolate and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, break up the granola and add the mix-ins of choice and store in an airtight container.