These keto blondies will be your new favorite keto dessert recipe- so soft, gooey, and slightly chewy! Made in just one bowl, they are low carb and sugar free, but you’d never tell! 3 grams net carbs.
I often call these blonde brownies, as they have the same texture as brownies do- ooey, gooey, fudgy, and rich. The taste differs though, as there is no cocoa powder. They are sweet, hints of vanilla, and mouthfuls of chocolate chips in every bite!
How to make keto blondies
These gooey blondies are so quick and easy to make. Be sure that your batter is smooth when placing it in the oven, otherwise you’ll be left with dried out blondies!
- Almond Flour- Blanched almond flour, not almond meal. You want the blondies to have a light color and gooey texture.
- Baking Powder- To ensure the blondies are leavened and rise well.
- Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener- A keto sugar substitute, golden monk fruit sweetener has the taste and texture of brown sugar.
- Butter- Either dairy free butter or standard butter. You want the butter to be mostly melted, but still intact.
- Eggs OR substitute– Use 2 large eggs, or the egg replacement equivalent, like Bob’s Egg replacer. I haven’t tried with flax eggs or chia eggs.
- Vanilla Extract- Brings out a subtle vanilla flavor, and natural sweetness.
- Mix-Ins- You can use anything you like- I used keto chocolate chips in one batch and pecans in another!
In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour with baking powder and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together your softened butter, eggs, golden monk fruit sweetener, and vanilla extract, until combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and mix until just combined. Fold through your chocolate chips and any other mix-ins and transfer to an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake the blondies at 180C/350F for 20-22 minutes, or until a skewer comes out ‘just’ clean. Allow keto blondies to cool in the pan completely, before slicing.
Why are my low carb blondies dry?
There are several reasons why your keto blondies turn out dry. The main one being that you’ve overbaked them. Remember, these blondies continue to cook as they are cooling down, so remove them when they are ‘just’ done.
Also, be sure to use blanched almond flour, not almond meal. Blanched almond flour always yields a lighter texture, which in turn helps the blondies remain soft and gooey. There is a reason why I often call these almond flour brownies!
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overbake the blondies, as they will become dry. Also, you want them to have a gooey texture.
- Avoid overmixing the batter, as that can affect the overall texture of the blondies. Also, it will be hard to achieve the crinkly tops.
- Reserve some chocolate chips, pecans, or other nuts to top the blondies with, for aesthetic purposes.
- Optional, but I recommend adding some flaky sea salt on top, for the ultimate sweet and salty experience.
- To make eggless blondies, replace the eggs with a pre-formulated egg substitute. Flax eggs and chia eggs do not work well.
Storing and Freezing Tips
- To store: Keto Chocolate Chip blondies will keep for at least a week when refrigerated in a sealed container. While the blondies can also be stored at room temperature, that is only best if you intend to enjoy them within 2-3 days.
- To freeze: Wrap low carb blondies individually in parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag. Frozen blondies will keep fresh for at least 6 months.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your almond flour and baking powder and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together your golden monk fruit sweetener, eggs, softened butter and vanilla extract, until combined.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold through your chocolate chips and other mix ins of choice.
- Transfer your blondie batter into the lined pan. Bake the keto blondies for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan completely.